Save money and buy Opel parts for your electric tailgate. German user helps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends here in the forum. Myself drives a Tahoe 2007 LTZ and I have an electric tailgate. Exactly 6 months ago, the problem started with me.
My tailgate opened only about 20 centimeters and was immediately gone again in close position. The first suspicion was that my gas pressure damper for the tailgate are broken. But no, that was not the problem. It was the electric lock that unlocks and opens the hatch.
In my search for the right component, I always come across RockAuto, where I found the part. It should cost $220. Not cheap considering that even transport customs and VAT in Germany is added.

By chance, I have seen a picture of exactly this locking motor of mine from the Tahoe was 100% similar. I was only skeptical because it was an OPEL OEM number at the offer page of the seller.

176252 <--- Opel Number / ---> GM Number 13581405 for Opel INSIGNIA Caravan

and belongs to the vehicle Opel Insignia station wagon. I wrote to the seller and told him my problem and he did not want to commit because he did not find my GM number in his Opel catalog to my car.
But she was printed on the box. Look at the pictures. There you will see the same number as you would fin in the description at RockAuto in the parts info Box. The seller has offered to order and test the part and if it does not fit then I can return it.

I have ordered it and installed it and see it fits 100%.

What I want to tell you is that if you want to save money then you can also like to buy this part on the pictures that you can buy with the matching Opel number in Germany. Currently, this motor for the tailgate lock would cost you only $127. It is an original GM part and it fits in all Tahoe's which have the lock under the original OEM number.
As I said you can also like to look at Ebay Germany or at German dealers for this part under the Opel number because it fits in the Tahoe. So you can save money and everything will work again.
Anyone who needs help can write to me I like to help here.

Here is an Webseite in Germany that you could see that the same part is installed in some of this Insignia Opel Models.

https://www.online-teile.com/opel-ersatzteile/176252_Schloss.html?language=de

This is the Ebay Germany Page offer:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/ORIGINAL-GM...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

But if you use the Opel 176252 Number you could search the net to find the cheapest Price. I bought mine for 115$ Safe 100 bucks. :)

Greetings Markus from Germany
Latsch 1.jpg Latsch 2.jpg Latsch 3.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hes not def ya moron, you dont have to yell at him..... lmao

I thought yelling at foreign-speaking people made them understand English.

102r93.jpg

Fo real, doe, I was just really amped about this. The cost of this part is why I just deal with mine being quirky. What's more, is that there could be a lot of other parts priced the same way. It's kind of exciting to have another avenue to explore. It's like discovering an Easter egg in a game or a life hack for expensive car parts.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought yelling at foreign-speaking people made them understand English.

102r93.jpg

Fo real, doe, I was just really amped about this. The cost of this part is why I just deal with mine being quirky. What's more, is that there could be a lot of other parts priced the same way. It's kind of exciting to have another avenue to explore. It's like discovering an Easter egg in a game or a life hack for expensive car parts.
Myth busted

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Nice to have options...

For kicks I decided to look up the Opel Insignia to see what it looks like and what Wiki has to say about it...

The Opel Insignia is a mid size/large family car engineered and produced by the German car manufacturer Opel. Production of the Insignia began in August 2008, as a replacement for the Vectra and Signum.[1] The vehicle is sold under the Vauxhall marque in the United Kingdom, and sold in North America and China as the Buick Regal.

Guess it's basically a Buick Regal wagon...
rps20190128_123323_832.jpg

I wonder if anyone has thrown a turbo on one yet???

I'm looking at you James @swathdiver ... lol

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@kbuskill You are right with your picture.
This is already the last version of the Opel Insignia. He has improved a lot from his optical as well as technical very much. The equipment and the quality is great in the last version. Many great additional features and just a nice car. But you do not get women off the wall haha. No, it's like every country. The Insignia is an everyday car. You see him and do not think anything about it. There are too many around here. Is nothing special. If you drive here with us with a Tahoe you are the boss.
In my circle of about 200km I am the only one who drives this car. I drive 35000 kilometers a year and on the motorway last year I only saw 3 pieces. I drive since my driver license US vehicles and incidentally also German makes.
In 1985 I bought a S10 pickup 1985 ( see the pic in magenta color) all made by my self then a 1989 Astro Van from California Customs. Then a K5 Blazer now I own a S10 Blazer I've remodeled over 6 years alone and varnished. Well and now my big boy Tahoe. Have done a lot and currently the new Caddilac tail lights mounted in the smoke. just looks too hot. US car driving in Germany is hot and expensive. The liter of fuel is $ 1.60. And who knows how much in the Tahoe goes. But here all these vehicles are converted to liquid gas. As well as mine. I am now paying a full $ 55 for $ 155 regular gas. But driving the US Car is a passion.

FB_IMG_1440327988510.jpg IMGP0271.JPG received_919193364839915.jpeg FB_IMG_1440327999922.jpg IMG_4373 - Kopie.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645