Same question I ask to myself should I gotten Denali over a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder all the time is the Denali better built than the Tahoe.i bought the Tahoe cause it felt priced better but when I open it I see the leather seat and they look cheaply made. After driving mercedes for many years they all had fake leather mates but look better than real leather. Also was why more durable than leather. I wonder is the Denali the same leather quality does it it have better features than the Tahoe. Also the lights of the Denali never caught my eye much. Is the denali better in quality . I know the share same engine and same body and interior as the Tahoe. So what does it make it better to cost more I wonder. What does a loaded Denali have that the premier Tahoe does not .

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your technical questions on the quality of each one versus the other. I will ask: Is there anything you can do about it now that you've already bought your Tahoe? If you have the means to go buy a Denali, then go do it. If not, then just be happy that you have a nice Tahoe and enjoy it. Constantly wondering about what you "could" have done will keep you from realizing what a nice vehicle you already have.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the leather on these just gets worn depending on use and the climate, the actual sewing pattern may vary but the seat cushions and other material are all the same across the product line. the LTZ, Denali, Escalade just have the extra bells & whistles, bigger engine (Denali/Escalade & some LTZ), sometimes a model up transmission but on the K2xx I think they all pretty much have the 6, 8 or 10 speed depending on the year. they don't necessarily "use" better material or parts it's a trim package under the covers there all very similar.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the leather on these just gets worn depending on use and the climate, the actual sewing pattern may vary but the seat cushions and other material are all the same across the product line. the LTZ, Denali, Escalade just have the extra bells & whistles, bigger engine (Denali/Escalade & some LTZ), sometimes a model up transmission but on the K2xx I think they all pretty much have the 6, 8 or 10 speed depending on the year. they don't necessarily "use" better material or parts it's a trim package under the covers there all very similar.
Kind of what I was thinking. My first response to all these types of queries "GM is GM".

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank for letting me know it was the leather part that had me worried most I thought maybe Denali had a better leather. But from I see now there all the same in leather.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the 6.2l 10 speed Tahoe?

They are the same vehicles. My denali is a $45k vehicle with $35k in bolt ons. I got the Denali because I liked the engine, tranny and gadgets. I’ve heard leather is better on the Denali but I can’t corroborate that.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He so have 10 speed Tahoe with 6.2 I got it that way

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past, the vehicles would have maybe had differences as they were made in 3 different locations at one point. Now they are all made on the same assembly line in Texas so now it would just boil down to preference and what you would like. Denali while being a really nice trim is still only a Trim package its still a Yukon or Yukon XL under that trim just as the Avenir is for Buick Enclave and no doubt others in the Buick stable. Variety is the spice of life and it what makes the world go round. If it did not we would not have Dodge Rams to laugh at and Cookie Cutter F150's for Ford to sell.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past, the vehicles would have maybe had differences as they were made in 3 different locations at one point. Now they are all made on the same assembly line in Texas so now it would just boil down to preference and what you would like. Denali while being a really nice trim is still only a Trim package its still a Yukon or Yukon XL under that trim just as the Avenir is for Buick Enclave and no doubt others in the Buick stable. Variety is the spice of life and it what makes the world go round. If it did not we would not have Dodge Rams to laugh at and Cookie Cutter F150's for Ford to sell.

Why should we laugh at rams? (I’m being serious, I think the Chevy looks better but the reviews of the rams are really good...?

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2019/ram-1500-2019-truck-of-the-year/amp/

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I wonder all the time is the Denali better built than the Tahoe.i bought the Tahoe cause it felt priced better but when I open it I see the leather seat and they look cheaply made. After driving mercedes for many years they all had fake leather mates but look better than real leather. Also was why more durable than leather. I wonder is the Denali the same leather quality does it it have better features than the Tahoe. Also the lights of the Denali never caught my eye much. Is the denali better in quality . I know the share same engine and same body and interior as the Tahoe. So what does it make it better to cost more I wonder. What does a loaded Denali have that the premier Tahoe does not .

Jorge1313
If you came from driving Mercedes why would you buy a Tahoe? The Escalate is in the same scale as the Mercedes, thats what you should have bought, then compare the two. Why didn't you buy a Mercedes GLS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64