Safety Lock Won't Turn Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
2016 Tahoe LT... I noticed the other day that my safety lock button will not turn off, allowing folks in the back seats to open the doors. This issues persists after restarting. I've tried holding down the button but no luck. The window lock button still works.

Anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe LT... I noticed the other day that my safety lock button will not turn off, allowing folks in the back seats to open the doors. This issues persists after restarting. I've tried holding down the button but no luck. The window lock button still works.

Anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks
Since when did they make the rear doors safety lock from a button?, all previous models have a mechanical switch/lock on the door frame

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since when did they make the rear doors safety lock from a button?, all previous models have a mechanical switch/lock on the door frame
My 16 has it as well. It was working the last time I tested. A step up in child safety locks I guess.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New ones, locks windows and doors, no more mechanical switch doobie.... something else electrical to **** up... as posted above

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Tried looking through the fuse tables; no fuse I could find specifically identifies as the safety lock specific.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the same switch unlocks both or different switches? Is there a mechanical override on the door? Reminds me of the C6 vette mess up

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New ones, locks windows and doors, no more mechanical switch doobie.... something else electrical to **** up... as posted above
that sucks for a variety of reasons namely children that don't know any better

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go to the dealer and ***** to high hell, seriously I could see a parent panicking as you pull up to gramma's house who lives on a busy street, kid in the back is excited to see gramma, excitedly yanks on the door handle to jump out (that was supposed to be safety locked) and the panic in eyes as the kid manages to jump out, ya no, major **** up GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts