rvc charging with dual battery's-looking for information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubie, what you find out? How is the harness run? Part numbers? Now im curious....even tho mine has been fine for the last 3 years, even with running the plow. My gauge shows what it’s supposed to and even sits at 14.3 +/- when i have tow/haul on like its supposed to do. Dvom shows same-ish and both batteries are always charged.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubie, what you find out? How is the harness run? Part numbers? Now im curious....even tho mine has been fine for the last 3 years, even with running the plow. My gauge shows what it’s supposed to and even sits at 14.3 +/- when i have tow/haul on like its supposed to do. Dvom shows same-ish and both batteries are always charged.
these guys say the rvc goes like normal on the passenger and straight to ground on the other side, I only started to question it because my voltmeter has been 14+ and I was watching a video on the mechman alternator and there instructions say to run the ground thru the sensor if using 2 battery's, but apparently this is not necessary and I had a saved bcm code for some kind of voltage error I think my sensor took a dump and I don't think there is a way to test it without going thru a bunch of rigamoro with a electrical meter, so I just bought a new ground cable and sensor since it was only like $45 I figured I would install that and disconnect the batterys for a few minutes and see if it reset's starts going back to normal, but it's been raining for the last 3 days so I haven't had a chance to get installed yet.

JuanFajardo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are any of you guys running stock alternators with the dual batteries, because im doing a dual battery but wondering since in my 16’ tahoe i have the 170 amp alternator !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157