rvc charging with dual battery's-looking for information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
curious on how the rvc system is setup with the ppv's with dual battery's
does the ground from the 2nd battery run over to the passenger side and thru the sensor??
if so any pictures? or a ground wire part number?
thanks for any information

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered that too, when I added my 2nd battery, I didn't add another RVC sensor. I just ran a ground to the frame, and the positive to the positive on the other battery.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use 2 AGM's with both side post's and top post's, I bought a ground cable for the nbs which use's the side post so I can add a extra ground to the passenger side battery, and then I am thinking of adding a positive wire to the alternator for the drivers side battery using the same side post method from the nbs, supposedly the grounds all need to run thru the RVC sensor for it to work properly but if they didn't run it that way on the ppv/ssv then I will just not bother to even use it all

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i did my set up i looked at many pics of ppv/ssv’s for sale online especially ones with the hood up and and downloaded the Upfitter stuff and and never saw an extra rvc sensor. It appears to working correctly so.. meh whatever

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya that is how I have mine now basically, I am just adding a couple extra side post cables one was $17 and the other is $9.00 I figure it couldn't hurt, I started wondering after I had a stored code for the RCV reading incorrectly or something like that but it could have been there since I had unplugged it once to see what the volt meter showed with it disabled. On the other hand it seems like my voltmeter has been just sitting on 14v+ lately and not moving around like it used to

tfi racing

Reaction score
Just pulled the extra cables off of my 2013 PPV yesterday. Driver side battery negative cable direct to cylinder head, positive cable directly to starter terminal just as Galante has shown above.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the extra cables off of my 2013 PPV yesterday. Driver side battery negative cable direct to cylinder head, positive cable directly to starter terminal just as Galante has shown above.
does the passenger side battery still have the RVC sensor