Rusty Fuel line Replacement??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at doing a fuel line replacement due to rust. Anyone used the nylon line kit from Gas Tank Renu? Looks like a good replacement at a fair price. I've done nylon lines on an S10 Blazer in the past but I fabricated them with parts from local parts store.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have never heard of such a thing. As long as they are rated for the fuel pressure and have the correct ends I don't see why it wouldn't work. It would definitely be easier to run along the frame. I've always just done new OEM line kits

OP
OP
E

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very surprised no one has used nylon with as many of these fuel lines that rust out. I see a lot of kits everywhere from ebay to Inline Tube.

OP
OP
E

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ordered a nylon line kit from gas thank renu, I'll let everyone know how it goes.
There are dozens listed on ebay for 4 doors not 2 door Tahoes. I called Inline Tube and Messaged their tech dept and they said they had nothing for a 2 door and it wouldn't work. I sent a message on Inline's ebay ad and got a response that it could be shortened with unions and it will work. Nothing like a company that has people that work there and know little about their products.

OP
OP
E

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post a follow up on the fuel line replacement. The kit from Gas Tank Renu is a nice kit complete with a fuel filter. On a 97 2 door the sending unit has steel lines that thread to rubber hoses that in turn connect to the steel lines that rust. The nylon kit eliminates the rubber hoses and connects directly to the sending unit. I dropped the tank and removed the rubber lines. One fitting on the sending unit was frozen so I cut the rubber hose. To free up the fitting I removed the tank unit so I could heat the fitting and free it up. I removed all of the steel lines and put the nylon back just like the steel ones were run. Kit worked great and looks like factory. I'm sure I could have pieced it together and ordered all of the fittings and lines but it was just easier to buy the kit.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was pretty common to use Air Brake hoses/connectors way back in"K" series trucks. Thanks for the update.

dirtydrywaller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just replaced my fuel lines with the nylon ones from fuel man on ebay.
it was a piece of cake and fit like a glove.
tried everything short of a torch to get my fuel filter off and got a rusty line leaking so decided to just replace em all.
96 gmc yukon 5.7 4x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick