Rust inside K&N Tube?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking various things off the engine today, to paint, and noticed that when I pulled my CAI out that there was rusting on the inside of the metal intake tube on my K&N CAI.

When I rubbed a paper towel inside the tube, to see how rough it was/check for flaking, I didnt see any flaking but noticed the towel/rag has powdered rust on it.

What is this doing, if anything to my engine? Can I/Should I do anything to it (other then get a different CAI:shocked:) to prevent it from getting worse or make it better? The outside of the tube/intake has NO rusting on it at all which made me suprised to see the inside did.

Only thing I can think of is when I 'cleaned/recharged" the filter I might have put too much oil on it and it got inside the tube.

Any thoughts?

Rick

Reaction score
i dont think that putting to much oil in the filter would cause that. oil wont rust thing, keeps things from rusting. my two cents

OP
OP
Abn Panzer

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would call K&N and tell them and see if you can get a warranty replacement!

Good call!

Just sent them an email and got a reply within the Hour that they needed a mailing address to ship my replacement too.

Got to like that!... of course would have liked it better if it never happened. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87