Running the radio on accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in most older cars you could turn the key to accessories to run the radio while the vehicle is off. I have put the fob in the yukon and pressed the button and the radio will work for short amount of time before turning off. Is there a way to get it to run longer? I like to listen to the radio while cleaning it out.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure but ill try to chime in here.
Sometimes you can adjust the settings through the radio on gm vehicles and adjust different features to your liking. My pontiac radio is set to stay on for 5 min or so but if i recall i can change that to stay on indefinitely. Difference being i have an actual key but you mighy be able to adjust something for that.

OP
OP
2016YUKONSLT

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure but ill try to chime in here.
Sometimes you can adjust the settings through the radio on gm vehicles and adjust different features to your liking. My pontiac radio is set to stay on for 5 min or so but if i recall i can change that to stay on indefinitely. Difference being i have an actual key but you mighy be able to adjust something for that.

I looked for a setting like that in the manual and in the radio, but I didn't see anything.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm im not sure then i can adjust it on my 07 g6 to turn off differently. Maybe someone else who knows more about that specific setup can help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77