Help! Engine running won't stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevepd0906

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Engine running will not stop. The car is in park sitting in driveway. The motor sounds like it is on. Sort of like when you do a remote start from the app. Tried to turn it off several times. Pressed the start button. Started up. Pressed tge button again and the engine stopped, but did not fully stop rinning. Finally turned itsrlf off after about ten minutes. Does anyone know what's going on?

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe just the fans were still running after you killed it? Can be normal, or abnormal depending on where you live and the ambient temp and how long its been running and how hot it got.

OP
OP
stevepd0906

stevepd0906

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in Michigan. Not really cold this week. It finally stopped. I don't know how hot it got. I think you are right about the fan. Thanks.

p1zaul

Reaction score
This happened with mine every time I turned the car off, ended up needing a new thermostat was a pretty easy fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo