Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

v8doctor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Tahoe premier, 25k miles. The drivers side running board will only extend some of the time, never know when, sometime I can open the rear door and it will work fine but from the drivers door, I never know if it is going to extend or not. I think there has to be some kind of actuator switch associated with the doors but I can't find any information on location . Anyone have any knowledge about this. The passenger side works fine every time, just drivers door activation that is the problem. Thanks

markni12301

Reaction score
Have you thoroughly cleaned and lubed all the hinged joints? There are many YouTube videos on this common problem. Use PB Blaster and wire brushes and air compressor blower. Recommened to clean and lube as often as every oil change.
I would just be sure it's all clean and lubed before other extensive diagnosis and possibly costly repairs.