RST grill install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down by Portland... Not far enough North. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice. I love Maine. We try to go at least once a year. The wife and I got married in Camden. When we visit, we usually do a couple days on the coast and then get a cabin in the Bethel area. Such a beautiful and peaceful place. I'm excluding Portland because it doesn't "feel" like the rest of Maine.:)

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the look! As you can see from my own rig...
I used Good Works Wraps down in York, ME to do my chrome delete. Highly recommended, Heath did a great job and price was right. Almost half the price as Sun Stoppers in Portland.
I'm sitting at Quirk Chevy right now having them run a Suspension Module diagnostic.
I live in west Cumberland - anytime you want to chat or drive around hit me up.
Have you noticed people on the turnpike getting out of your way with the black grille installed?

OP
OP
hotrod929

hotrod929

Reaction score
Got the eyebrows done...really ties it in. Casco Bay Tints $40. Does a great job. Did the windows too.

They kinda get out of the way, not as good as my cruiser [emoji6]d07777045d256e56ff012d89ef878c5c.jpg

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks terrific! I think it turned out great.

I've seen a few photos of the new gen Tahoe with the INTERIOR ACCENTS of the headlight assembly vinyl wrapped. The ones I saw were done purple to match a white/purple color theme. Unfortunately, I think complete removal and disassembly of the headlight assembly are necessary for that in depth of "chrome delete" detail. But I think that would just knock our black-out look out of the park if pulled of correctly!

I'm one of those getting out of the way of your cruiser! Troopah or officah? Or maybe a Sheriff since you've chosen a Tahoe?...
Anyways, you could consider changing the front air dam from your current setup to the one they use on the above mentioned agencies' Tahoes I see driving around. I'm pretty sure it is GM Part# 23365760 (Air Deflector). That would give you a little more clearance up front during winter and in the parking lots.
Are those 17" wheels? I think so...the A/Ts look nice and meaty! Any lifting/leveling done to your setup or just stock suspension?

OP
OP
hotrod929

hotrod929

Reaction score
It's got 295/70/17s. 2.5"f/1.5"r lift on it. Yea I plan on the ppv air deflector this summer.

Nether...Fed [emoji3]

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely MEATY! I love it - those tires give you 2" more sidewall than I'm currently running on mine.
Yours looks great and I'm guessing rides fairly well with that much rubber under you. I bought my LTZ certified pre-owned and was able to talk them into swapping the 22s for my current 20" wheels. Still a bit rough and NOT ideal for going up north or even some of the lakes near home.

You're a Fed - maybe we should stop chatting...My wife really got a kick out of it. She said to me, "You're on a car blog!?" I smiled and replied, "you wanted me to take better care of my new car."

Mine being the LTZ, I have the magneride to deal with. Looks like yours is an LT. I was looking at doing a 2" level on the front only. Do you think I could run a similar tire, without rubbing or trimming? I was thinking 295/55/20s giving me 33" diameter - about 0.3" shorter than yours. Did you have to do any trimming? Any rub currently on your setup? Looks like new wheels for you too, so perhaps different offset and backspacing than stock Chevy wheels. Also, what level kit did you use for up front and in the rear? Thanks in advance for your answers; I've been going back in forth for months about what to do. I've been told by numerous shops here in ME that a level kit will just make the Tahoe ride "like a brick." Mine already has a heck of a time on some of our railroad crossings and poor roads. Not just potholes, but the frost heaves and uneven surfaces, etc. Thoughts?

I've also been debating spending a bunch of money and going all out for a 4" suspension lift, with new 18" wheels and tires. In my dreams though; I don't think the home front would be happy with that kind of decision. The arrival of baby #2 in July demands frugality. Have a great Mothers Day weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645