RSE whining through rear speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is common, and I can make it stop by turning off the RSE but is there any way to repair the unit? I have taken it out and applied dielectric grease to the connector but that did nothing. It started out only happening when it was cold out but now it's all the time.

Before I drop $150 on a new control unit has anyone successfully taken it apart and found a bad solder or anything?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I know this is common, and I can make it stop by turning off the RSE but is there any way to repair the unit? I have taken it out and applied dielectric grease to the connector but that did nothing. It started out only happening when it was cold out but now it's all the time.

Before I drop $150 on a new control unit has anyone successfully taken it apart and found a bad solder or anything?

I opened mine up and didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

I tightened up the ground pins, I can't remember the pin numbers off the top of my head, and haven't had any issues since. There are two as I recall.

I remember they were towards the center and one of the wires is bare. I found them using a wiring diagram.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK.. I think i'm getting the same... Can you point me to what and where the RSE is... I am dumb on this one

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
OK.. I think i'm getting the same... Can you point me to what and where the RSE is... I am dumb on this one

RSE is rear seat entertainment.

It is the control panel for the rear A/C, Audio that is in the back of the center console.

OP
OP
bfourman

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well no dice. Took it all apart, cleaned a couple suspect solders and dielectric greased all connectors. Still squealing. Looks like a new unit from Amazon eventually.

Edit: new used unit from a member cleared it up.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Do you have any accessories plugged into your car like BT, 12V or 120V adapters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins