Round 4! onto my 4th front suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 4 different front suspension set ups on my Denali.

Round 1. - BT lowering keys, BT nitro shock, stock jounce stop.

Round 2. - BT drop spindles, BT lowering keys, BT SP shocks, z71 drilled/cut jounce stop, BT camber kit.

Round 3. - BT spindles, T-bar delete Qa1 coil over swap, atomics lower bracket, BT camber kit.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63627

Round 4. - BT spindles, DJM 3inch LCA, z71 jounce stop, bilstien shocks, stock keys, BT camber kit. CURRENT SETUP

Ive had my 4th and current set up on the truck for about 2.5-3 months. Huge improvement over 1st and 2nd setup. The ride is nice but its still a lowered suv. I have few issues to work out and Im waiting on my 18's to be ready to put on for the rest of winter. My stock winter 17's don'f fit anymore with the new front suspension set up.

Impression:
The ride is by far a huge improvement, and Im very happy with it. My dash does not get rocked over ever bump like it did. It handles some bumps perfect and feels stock and then there random bumps it hits harder, then you have the huge bumps that are harsh no matter what just do to size which mass has a ton of. It has a slight floating feel to it but Im very happy with the overall ride change.

Issues
Truck is pretty low could go lower wouldnt mind it but with my 285 45 22 i have rubbing issues. Over larger bumps and faster speeds i hit the top of my wheel wells. It took me while to get truck level up front but ground to fender lip is under 32 and i have a 32 inch tall tire at the moment, i like my tire size on my 2's and dont want to change. I also rub when i turn hard left to right backing up (parking etc). The suspension has a little float to it. I love the bilstien but they could be a bit firmer. Also the z71 stop is about a 1/4ish inch away from the control arm. I can feel the truck dip and contact the lca and firm up.

Improvements/thoughts

1. Spring time looking into tubing the front wheel wells are improving travel for wheel. With the new suspension i have a good amount of travel. I have 18's going on soon which are 265 65 18 there a 1/2 inch lower so that might clear up some rubbing issues.

2. Debated on moving bump stock bracket so stop rest on lca but that will prevent me from going lower. Also thought of trying my lowering keys to see if that firms up suspension a bit and removes slight wonder.

3. Maybe a adjustable shock to help firm things up or a coil over swap.

Nothing major will happen until spring winter sucks around here at the moment.

Thanks for reading ill try to add pics in the next couple days and will update as time goes.

Thanks Billy

Updates 3-12-15

Well i got my 18's on with 265 65 18's. Wow what a ride difference. Soft and handles bumps even better. You can just feel the sidewall compared to my 22's and i kind of like the rims. The turning rubbing issues are better i can turn better, only rubbed backing up turning hard. I havent hit the fender well on bumps i did before but big dips it still hits inner fender well but not as bad. Still need to address tubing the front. For now im gonna run the 18's as i want to powder coat my 22's. Added a few more pics nothing great tho.

Snapped some quick pics today its dirty and look past my dip pealing.
37461E39-5676-461A-9942-9B16FD42577F_zps0plsherc.jpg
6E8F5259-BFC4-4FC6-AF9A-8994FB0E50B9_zpsrrwjiht3.jpg
[IM48981B39-30D5-42D2-BB00-C46C6953972C_zpssyl4kjsa.jpgG]http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/Bomba02/02%20denali/6E8F5259-BFC4-4FC6-AF9A-8994FB0E50B9_zpsrrwjiht3.jpg[/IMG]
33C7397F-CBD6-417A-B37D-ABB04FFD2641_zpswqeyh5qz.jpg
168B1087-0A9F-45DD-9B7A-21B4581ED073_zpstzboqorm.jpg
6EC5D896-86F4-4E2B-958F-3EF0B5C8D2DE_zpslsh9mbc9.jpg

Last edited:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy 4th setup. Glad your happy with it. Selling those bt lowering keys? Looking to go a bit lower and would rather use drop keys than stocks. Any pics??

Sven

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice setup, what bilstein shocks did you install?

Looking online for a fair priced setup my self, I think I go for the Eibach 3882.320 Sway bar kit and the Bilstein 5100 shocks. Not planning to lower that much, but need to get better handling ASAP.:headbang:

OP
OP
Bomba02

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a few pics nothing special very dirty and dip is pealing on my rims. :wtf:

Crazy 4th setup. Glad your happy with it. Selling those bt lowering keys? Looking to go a bit lower and would rather use drop keys than stocks. Any pics??
Hey man, hope all is good. Im debating if I'm gonna give them a try or not. Its up in the air but if i don't use them i wouldn't mind moving them.
Quick question if you wouldn't mind snapping a pic of your jounce stop to djm lca clearance? Interested in seeing what it looks like no rush tho. Thanks.

Nice setup, what bilstein shocks did you install?

Looking online for a fair priced setup my self, I think I go for the Eibach 3882.320 Sway bar kit and the Bilstein 5100 shocks. Not planning to lower that much, but need to get better handling ASAP.:headbang:

Thanks man, getting there. haha. I have bilstien 4600 part number 24-013284. Ive been looking for valving specs on them.
The 5100 are firmer i was looking at the 5125 series there stiffer and they are universal size and attachment means.
Good luck with your set up, talk to tony Norcal ss on here he knows his shit.
Billy

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem I'll try and get one for you in the coming days as I might swap my Eskys for 375s. Yea let me know if you decide to move them, I might have a home for them.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
djm arms i felt always rode good. Spindles no brainer adding to it to get 5 plus you can crank oem keys up to get about 4 and ride doesnt suffer, glad you like it

OP
OP
Bomba02

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that Looks good. I just did a 3/5 on my 07 yukon
Thanks man, How are you liking your ride with the new drop?

djm arms i felt always rode good. Spindles no brainer adding to it to get 5 plus you can crank oem keys up to get about 4 and ride doesnt suffer, glad you like it

Ya deff best ride yet not including the coil over swap. like i stated few bugs to work out to get it riding even better being low with a large tire. I can't take my self to crank the keys. lol. think i need to work on bump stop and front fender wells.

OP
OP
Bomba02

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Updates 3-12-15

Well i got my 18's on with 265 65 18's. Wow what a ride difference. Soft and handles bumps even better. You can just feel the sidewall compared to my 22's and i kind of like the rims. The turning rubbing issues are better i can turn better, only rubbed backing up turning hard. I havent hit the fender well on bumps i did before but big dips it still hits inner fender well but not as bad. Still need to address tubing the front. For now im gonna run the 18's as i want to powder coat my 22's. Added a few more pics nothing great tho post #1.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you know what I was talking about going from 24's to 17's. Major game changer in the suspension area.

Man your low, lower than me, even on the 18's. lol

Glad your getting it all dialed in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts