Rough country UCA update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it. The RC lifts are bro truck lifts and not what you’d want if you are hammering the desert.

But they make a forged UCA for our trucks. The inner joints seem to be a combined derlin and softer rubber. So not too stiff but not so soft it’s terrible.

The nice thing for daily drivers is that it uses a high angle ball joint with a zirc fitting that is protected by a cap. So it’s weather friendly and high angle. So most of the benefits of a uniball with none of the draw backs.

The arm itself is forged aluminum… that’s pretty awesome.

Now. Nothing is perfect. I started getting noise from my drivers side at maybe 300 miles? Maybe 500 miles, but not a lot.
I looked down there and the boot had purged the grease. Was it install error? Maybe? Maybe not. The passenger side was fine. I installed both.

I called RC and asked them if they had a rebuild kit. That it was making noise and I told them about the grease condition. The CS rep said that even with a grease purge it shouldn’t be making that noise.

He looked up my account and said he was sending me a new set. Said a happy customer is more important than the cost of the arms.

You CAN NOT beat that in todays world.

So when I get the arm swapped out I’m going to see what went wrong.

After all, even the best things go awry.

But I can’t say enough about these arms: they play nice with the ads coilovers… installed super easy, have all the mounts for the oem harnesses. And for the money they are awesome.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. What other suspension mods have you done?

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ads coilovers, border patrol rear springs, z71 rear bumps.

And I have multimatic zr2 shocks while ads is building my rear shocks.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant say much for rough country, good or bad, as i have never had a product of theirs personally. That being said, i am well aware of who they are and that they sell stuff on the cheaper end of the spectrum. And their products tend to be “cheaper” in general than many other companies out there.

However. Kudos to them for sending you out another set.

Looking forward to hear the outcome.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. But these arms were suggested to me by a guy who tunes trophy truck suspension and worked for two of the big name shock manufacturers.
I took the leap and they are a nice piece of kit for being an non race set up

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fifty - any update on the "bad" RC UCAs...

Was pinged by a new TYForum member last couple weeks that's been having trouble w/ her 3.5" RC lift on 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I guess she got new UCAs installed in the past few days but I haven't heard from her.

Thanks!

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The boot had been split on a seem or cut by a knife during packing. Who knows. But it was a clean split and it was there during install. I thought it was a purge vent in an odd spot during assembly.

I could not notice any unusual wear on the joint. The arms were assembled with a torque wrench. So they were not loose.

Problem was no longer there with the new arm.

I really do like these rca arms though, super nice for twice the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans