Rotor and pads recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raybestos Performance Rotors aka GM Performance Rotors

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would not mess around with issues like that because you can cause way more damage, lost time, etc. I would immediately either rebuild all four calipers or buy reman AC Delco.

Obviously, that shop was shady as hell to do that to you. Anyone that has ever worked on brakes can tell that the caliper pistons are crusty or frozen. A few more miles and your whole rear end could have caught fire.

As for pads and rotors, never buy the cheapest version of anything unless that is all you can afford to keep your rig on the road.

Brakes and their components are too important to f around with.

IMO, brakes are the most IMPORTANT system on the vehicle. Don't care how fast it goes, how good it corners, how good it handles and if it looks good..........it has to STOP, PERIOD!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, brakes are the most IMPORTANT system on the vehicle. Don't care how fast it goes, how good it corners, how good it handles and if it looks good..........it has to STOP, PERIOD!
My older brother worked for GM at their proving grounds as a test engineer in their brakes group. He said he and his boss would go to design reviews for new updates and the power train and engine groups would always talk about how fast they can get a car going. My brother’s boss would always go last and say, “All this horsepower is great, but there are very few times where horsepower saved a life, but if brakes don’t work, people die.”

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rig was pulling left under braking at speed or while towing. I thought the right front was the culprit but it looked fine. The left, however, was half as thick. The caliper sliding pin was gunked up and wouldn’t move so I cleaned and lubed it with no more issues but I plan to get new calipers or rebuild mine.