Roof Basket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geoffreyis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im looking for an off road roof basket for my 2008 tahoe ls. I have the stock crossbars on the roof.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
You may want to look into the Yakima MegaWarrior or the Thule 690XT M.O.A.B (Mother Of All Baskets). I'm looking into the Yakima MegaWarrior myself. I want a basket, not for off-roading, but mostly for looks & just extra space to carry stuff. If you do in fact purchase one, please post some pictures.

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 07 z71 and im looking for a basket to. think im gonna purchase the Rola roof rack. you can buy them on Ebay for $140 and then im gonna need the extension which is $57. good price and and i think it looks the best.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
i have an 07 z71 and im looking for a basket to. think im gonna purchase the Rola roof rack. you can buy them on Ebay for $140 and then im gonna need the extension which is $57. good price and and i think it looks the best.

Yeah. I just looked at it on eBay. It's looks pretty good, but it doesn't have cross-bars on top of the basket. For me, I plan on buying the Yakima MegaWarrior, and it has cross-bars on top of the basket, that way I can buy a snowboard mount, and mount that on top of the basket itself. But that's a good price, IMO. Especially considering that the Yakima & Thule baskets start in the $300(s)...

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Does anybody have the Rola rack on the tahoe/yukon? I found them at etrailer.com for $180 shipped.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof Baskets if done right look real good. And by done right I mean a lifted truck and some nice wheel and tire combo. Makes it look aggressive. Keep us posted everyone can't wait to see pics.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
You could look at Discoverer roof racks...they fairly heavy duty but expect to spend $$

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at some of the Jeep Outfitters the baskets for the 4 door JK's would probably fit pretty good.