roller rockers ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dojrs

Reaction score
is anyone running roller rockers ? any suggestions on a specific brand? i'm running a stage 2 summit cam w/ chevrolet performance valve springs already. i know i'll have to most likely use an aftermarket valve cover with roller rockers. what are the likely h/p gains going from stock rockers to roller rockers ? im not trying to go for huge gains as its a dd but it isnt a grocery getter anymore either.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With a Summit Cam you likely should know all this:

Then this: Roller rockers will make noise if you leave the adjustment loose. Of course, so will the stock rockers. Higher ratio rocker are will make 10 - 20 more horsepower, whether they are roller or not. Roller rockers, of the same ratio, will make no perceptible, addition, power.

And this: An increase in rocker arm ratio nets more than additional lift. It will also change the cam's duration characteristics. Because the increased ratio effectively speeds up valve movement, that means the valve will reach any opening height sooner than it would with a lower-ratio rocker arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMT800Lover