Rodney's center console enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueAc

Reaction score
Originally I wanted the JL center console enclosure for my Tahoe. But I'm not really in love with the price or the sub they used in it. I came across Rodney's enclosure on eBay and I was intrigued because of the price and the fact that I could choose my own sub. Has anybody used this enclosure before and would you recommend it? I noticed that the JL enclosure bolts to the vehicle from underneath but I don't see anything on the eBay box to do so. Is the bolting necessary?

8727c3fd17d6031b3f91a1da4569aae5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interested in others experience with this exact box as well. I actually was planning on ordering one of these this week. My only real concern is vibration and rattle being that the box is directly under the console...

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
That would be my concern also. I am sure is would fix good but may rattle the shit out of the console and contents left inside. I like the idea tho. If you get one post your thoughts

OP
OP
BlueAc

BlueAc

Reaction score
Yea the rattling is definitely a big concern. But it doesn't seem like many have this box or at least they're not speaking on it. I've read a few reviews on the JL box and people said they dynamtted (?) the shit out of the inside and it helped a lot. I'm also considering a box like this, I saw this online. 051005d343d5a660ccb94e323732c4fd.jpg

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
A few guys have built them on this forum. I don't hear of any complaints of raddling. But I am not sure if they are dynamiting. I would like both subs when I change my system. I had planned on building one like that. Trying to hold off as long as possible. It gets very costly lol.

OP
OP
BlueAc

BlueAc

Reaction score
A few guys have built them on this forum. I don't hear of any complaints of raddling. But I am not sure if they are dynamiting. I would like both subs when I change my system. I had planned on building one like that. Trying to hold off as long as possible. It gets very costly lol.

Yea I know it's gonna be more money but I'd hate to buy the console one. Have it start rattling like crazy and then end up getting the rear one built later on.

ChevyBoy206

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey BlueAc, I have the Rodney box with a shallow mount kicker comp Rt 10'' in it. sounds real good once the sub breaks in, very nice bass inside but not too loud outside the truck. Yes it rattles like crazy if you have anything in the cupholders, Wish i would have dynamatted before install. I took it to a shop being that I'm horrible at installing anything & yes they went under the truck to bolt it. Hope that helps you. I would definitely recommend it.

P.S where did you find that box at? I want to put another sub in, just like that & have both a console sub & hidden one in back

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That box in the back, how shallow is that box? Also, since the sub has no opening to extend when playing, will that cause it to hit the plastic covering that compartment in the back? Will the output be good with no hole for the sub? May need to create custom mesh grille on the plastic which I wouldnt mind having

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz