Ride Height Sensor Sticks Z95 Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hopdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

This is on a 2013 Caddy Escalade with 2” front level and 1” rear coil spacer and recent Arnott front and rear shocks. I did the magneride bypass with the Amazon resisters, but still getting intermittent traction control/service suspension light on dash. Sometimes the ride is fine other times it’s awful. Question: Do I leave the ride height sensors front and back or remove? Anything else to diagnose/trouble shoot? Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Arnott shocks did you go with? In my experience, Arnott’s have a built in circuit do you don’t need an additional resistor.

Did you double check the ABS sensor connections for your rear wheels? They are notorious for getting bumped and coming loose when installing the upper bolts for the rear shocks.

The only thing the ride height sensors are used for is the AutoLevel system that uses an air compressor and airbags on the rear shocks to keep the vehicle level. With a lift/level, I’m assuming you recalibrated your ride height sensors accordingly if you kept the AutoLevel active.

The AutoRide system controls the ride quality and is the system that the resistors spoofs.

OP
OP
H

Hopdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can’t recall the Arnott model numbers, but ended up doing the bypass with the Arnott’s because I didn’t like the jittery or nervous feel when they were plugged in. If I decided to roll with shocks unplugged then I had I to solve the problem with the speed limiter which was set at 80 and dash warning lights too, hence the bypass with separate resisters. The Arnotts were fine unplugged, but once I put the resisters in that’s when I started having intermittent problems.

I have ride height sensors front and back but now it sounds like, to your point, I have overkill with resisters.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resistors are to be put in place when you do not plug the electrical connectors into the shocks. As was asked above, what type of our net shocks do you have? From your response, it sounds like you have the full electrical Arnott shocks on all wheels. As such, just plug in the connectors, without the resistors, and you should be okay.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

This is on a 2013 Caddy Escalade with 2” front level and 1” rear coil spacer and recent Arnott front and rear shocks. I did the magneride bypass with the Amazon resisters, but still getting intermittent traction control/service suspension light on dash. Sometimes the ride is fine other times it’s awful. Question: Do I leave the ride height sensors front and back or remove? Anything else to diagnose/trouble shoot? Thanks
it's not possible for the ride to be "fine" or "awful" if you have bypassed the magneride, the whole point of magenride is to make the ride comfortable, bypassing it disables that function and you get a static ride, whatever you are experiencing is in your head, or is dependent upon the pavement driven on. the ride height sensors do nothing to the "ride" when the rest is inoperable.