reuse factory xm antenna?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found the factory xm unit behind the glove box but the antenna wire plug doesn't fit in the aftermarker xm receiver. i was wondering if i could cut the plug off the factory antenna wire and splice the aftermaket plug on . would the antenna still work? any suggestions?

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you break the plastic housing off the end of the factory XM antenna it will fit into the aftermarket receiver. It doesn't stay on there very well though, in the past I have put a little piece of strip caulk on it to keep it in place. I would not cut the ends of the antennas off, it will be incredibly hard to solder them back together.

OP
OP
bsims3996

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you break the plastic housing off the end of the factory XM antenna it will fit into the aftermarket receiver. It doesn't stay on there very well though, in the past I have put a little piece of strip caulk on it to keep it in place. I would not cut the ends of the antennas off, it will be incredibly hard to solder them back together.

i thought they looked close to the same but it wouldn't fit. thanks for the info i'll get it to stay in there somehow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XL Denali chris