Resetting aver mi on 22 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luckylou

Reaction score
i cannot figure out how to reset average miles on my 22 High Country Tahoe. Dealer says to contact GM. GM says to contact dealer? Manual says to...well here is a pic. This same info shows up in numerous other places. Methinks GM needs to use someone to write their manuals whose first language is English.
I also don't know the difference between Base Level and Uplevel. While I am at it, ordered accessories online. Chevy sent me an email saying I could pick them up at the dealer in 2 days on July 26. 3 weeks later - still waiting? Dealer says to ignore the email it could take from 4 to 6 weeks.

manual1.jpg

So I go to the screen and push the roller (Tried just pushing it and holding it. Same result.) This what I get. No option to reset average miles. Manual says to push once to do distance and push and hold for mileage. When I push it or push and hold...same thing. I also don't understand the last sentence? I cannot find a reset in the menu unless they are talking about resetting everything?

manual4.jpg

manual5.jpg

FYI I am driving it uncharacteristically for me waiting for it to get 500 miles on it and this is the best mileage I get around town.

I am also curious if anyone knows the difference between "Base Level" and "Uplevel"? I assume with a High Country loaded mine is Uplevel but no where is it explained and no one seems to know the difference??????

manual3.jpg

manual2.jpg

ChrisG

Reaction score
Screen looks close but my RST screen to reset is a diff screen. I can get a pic if that would help u

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Screen looks close but my RST screen to reset is a diff screen. I can get a pic if that would help u
No. A pic wouldn't help. My screen is what it is. My service guy at the dealer has an RST as well and he said I was surely doing something wrong because he can reset it on his. I don't believe i am doing anything wrong. It is just different.
FYI - I called him 4 hours ago when he said he would go check it out on a vehicle and call me right back?

Jettix2

Reaction score
Mine looks same

Yours is definitely the “Uplevel” cluster like mine.

I remember hitting “reset average” and it took a few miles before it did so. Mine is using a 50 mile rolling average right now, if I remember right

Jettix2

Reaction score
FYI my best was 22.7 all Highway 65mph on the way home from dealer. Averaging around 18 mixed rural driving, 750 miles on it now. 2022 Suburban LT

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Mine looks same

Yours is definitely the “Uplevel” cluster like mine.

I remember hitting “reset average” and it took a few miles before it did so. Mine is using a 50 mile rolling average right now, if I remember right
I don't know what would happen if I were able to reset the average? If I reset it and I am sitting still? Maybe that is why it took yours a while? But it does not appear to even be an option. I reset the "Best" and it goes to whatever the average is. I reset the "Trip" and it goes to zero. What would be the readout on the average if I could reset it? Maybe I have to do it on the fly? I will wait to see what Bill @ the dealer has to say. Since they are now closed and over 5 hours has passed, I assume he is trying to find out. I assume he is not ready to admit that I was right without a fight???? I will update.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through all this mess a month or so ago - not the same issue but the same issue.

Our coolant light came on and I went through all the menus trying to find the actual "coolant temp"...nothing

Went to the manual, said on the "uplevel" cluster, the coolant temp should be listed, along with oil temp and oil pressure - none of the three were listed....

Asked the salesman about it why getting oil changed, he asked the techie salesman, then he called his regional rep that trains them on the vehicles...I literally talked to him on the phone out on the sales floor...all within 15 mins...nobody could answer the question why the coolant temp wasn't appearing in the cluster...or if our Z71 with the luxury package is considered the uplevel cluster

I then created a "case" with chevy - after three weeks and a couple phone calls, I gave up with no answers...their response was to check the manual....my response was that it isn't clear which trim level has the base vs uplevel cluster

My take is that the manual is a carryover from the previous years as the "base level" cluster appears to be the old analog cluster/gauges that you'd see on a base tahoe----which may still be a thing on a LS? It used to be on the base Z71 and the only way you'd get the digital cluster was if you had the premium off road package with air ride...now the new digital cluster is standard on the Z71

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot reset that Average...it is constantly resetting...it is the rolling average fuel economy of the past 25, 50, or 450 miles....whatever you select for distance.
The best score can be reset and will change when a new "high score" is hit in the indicated mileage range.
If you want a reset fuel economy, reset either trip 1 or trip 2, and it will calculate the fuel economy after the reset.

I agree, the manual is poorly written/wrong in this area.
I further agree that reporting any of these issues to GM is a nightmare...
You have the "uplevel" cluster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman