Replacement speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
That would mean no BOSE?

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Aren't the fronts paralleled or something?

Sorry I don't do stock anything for audio...lol

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a good vendor will be one that doesnt carry infiniti or jl.. because their entry lever stuff blows.. im not a kicker fan but they definitely make one of the best speakers in your price range imo

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea if you want an inepxensive coax, but i'd put the Kicker QS up against any other high end..

maxcreigs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yesterday i have speaker of Pioneer company with 2.1 channel but i do not get stereo effect from that and i also want woofer so planing to replace it and want to make good system.I am also required amplifier so if you have suggestion then tell me your view...!!

Last edited:

rdtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd like to spend less than or around $50 ea. I think I just need the woofer, and not the tweeter. I believe there are both in each door correct? If I instelled coaxials, would I run it at full range and disconnect the factory tweeter? Not sure if this stock system has a crossover filter? Sorry for my lack of data with the stock system... Should I replace all 4 door speakers, the pair, or just the blown one?

bc69 -

Did you do the replacement yet?

I have the exact system in my 2000LT (5.3L), and am looking to do the same thing.

I found these at Crutchfield - Alpine SPG-17C2
Type-G 6-3/4" 2-way car speakers — fits 6-3/4" and 6-1/2" openings
$59.99/pair. The couple of reviews said they were OK for the price, and certainly cannot be worse than the blown factory originals!

Have not taken the panels off yet, but the fronts look like they have seperate tweeters (like yours) and I guress you would just disconnect them and run the drop in Alpines (if that's what you got).

Not sure of the back door speakers yet, but they are probably just coax with not tweets, so the Alpines should work there.

I am checking with their tech support people now on options and info on other speakers, and will let you know if I hear back from them.

I also found a wiring diagram (for a 01 or 02 Suburban, but I think it applys to our stuff, will email it to you if you like.

Lastly, I believe the subwoofer is a 2 ohm 8". I have some 8" 4 ohm subs I am going to try (just one) into the factory replacement position, and will see if that is better or not.

Here's some speaker dimension info I found -

Speaker Specifications
Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6.5" 3.5"
Front Tweeter 1" 1"
Rear Speaker 6.5" 3.5"
Subwoofer 8" 4"

I have not been able to find any specifications on the HU (outputs, etc), and if you (or anyone else out there) has a spec sheet on the factory stuff, let me know.

Thanks,

Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n