Replacement speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear_69cuda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm almost certain one of my drivers side speakers is blown. I can hear distortion at low and high volume. Can anyone recommend some decent replacements, that aren't too pricey? Is a speaker swap difficult? Special tools to remove door panels?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
B

bear_69cuda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So can anyone recommend some decent replacements? Looks like I may need some adapters for mounting? Any opinions on the factory Bose speakers?

Thanks!

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
All drivers will drop right in but you will screw instead of clip.

Replacements fall within every price range. Honestly the musical goal and budget is needed.

Without it I can say JL, Kicker, Alpine, or Focal as you will see. Focal being the only I would consider of the three...lol

So a budget to reduce the list would be great.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

I'm also assuming your keeping the factory amp? Be nice if you found some 2 ohm drivers to stick up front. If you have Bose you might as well do comps in the front(there are 2 ohm ones) and replacement coaxes in the rear door at 4 ohms.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

I wouldn't even touch the D Pillars.

OP
OP
B

bear_69cuda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd like to spend less than or around $50 ea. I think I just need the woofer, and not the tweeter. I believe there are both in each door correct? If I instelled coaxials, would I run it at full range and disconnect the factory tweeter? Not sure if this stock system has a crossover filter? Sorry for my lack of data with the stock system... Should I replace all 4 door speakers, the pair, or just the blown one?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well $50 each kills good infinitys.. and def eliminates focal and vibe.. hell it might even kill jl..

youre gonna run a coax most likely.. and just leave all the other wires in place (your tweets not in the door its in the a pillars)

there are some jls in the 120$ range.. but jl mids and highs blow.. and $100 models blow even worse..

i guess id run kickers for that price

OP
OP
B

bear_69cuda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess I need to look at my system before asking questions. I thought the tweeters were in the doors.... I'll take a look. I'm not looking to have an incredible audio system yet, as I'm saving for rims, and other goodies on the exterior. I think the stock system sounds decent. Maybe I'll check out infinitys for the front, then when I upgrade the audio system, I have nice front speakers... So if I'm running coax would I disconnect the pillar tweets? What are the dimensions of the door speakers?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no like i said just leave them.. the pillar tweets staying connected should be fine.. just pulg some 6.5s into the doors and be on your way.. just make sure you try and find a 2ohm setup

OP
OP
B

bear_69cuda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I verified my tweets are not in the pillars, they are in the doors just above the main driver. Must have been an option, or they changed this after 2001? I'll be scoping the net for some speakers, I'll be looking at infinitys, jl, and polks... Any suggestions on a vendor? 6.5" is the diameter for sure?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman