Replacement of Oil Pressure Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the sensor? Did you replace the sensor or did you have someone do it?

Scott, yes it was the oil pressure sending unit. I changed it but it was a real pisser to get to and as others have said in this thread you have to do it almost by feel because of the limited access. It took em about 35-40 minutes but as stated you have to be patient.

The garage where I take mine to for things I can't/won't work on gave me a bid of $275.00 because they claimed they had to take the manifold plenum off.

MSGKUNERT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me know how this goes. I'm going to try and tackle this next weekend. Maybe the New Driver side valve cover as well, if I can find he part number on here.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tried for two hours to get that f$&king sensor off. Impossible with big hands. I removed the fuel line and pcv line still no luck! Off to a shop tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be replacing mine e soon. Does anyone know if the 02's have the screen or filter that needs to be replaced at the same time or is that for the newer models?

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed mine a couple of weeks ago...didn't have to take off the intake, fuel rails or any hoses. It's all by feel and it takes shit ton of patience. I wasn't about to pay anybody $400 to do it. The Chevy dealership wanted $700!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas