replacement fog light for the 2001 type front air dam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Reaction score
Anyone ever found a good fitting replacement fog light for the 2001 type front air dam? I’ve owned the truck for 10 years and replaced them probably 7 times. They all leak, lenses fall out or are eff’ed up in some fashion after the first month.

I can fabricate the brackets and aiming devices (and pretty much anything :) ) if need be.. just looking for something nice that fits the opening well. Currently running 880 5000K HID’s in them but they “mist” over on the inside, even when not in use.. always look hazy and crappy and I’m tired of them.

20130424_183331_zps132e8e6c.jpg

DSC05003_zpsbb0c7073.jpg

DSC05006_zps0bc96099.jpg

These are the HID's.. she has been through some changes ;)

Yukonlights_zps493f87ea.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
I have seen those on eBay.... really not in love with the goofy LED's on the sides...... they would be better with just the projection lamp.

OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
Yeah.. they would look even more awesome with vacant holes in each side….

Others.. I have not found, thus the question.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to buy just the projector they use in that setup and make it fit into the stock fog housing. That's my plan.

OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
Ezdaar – I read your previous post in detail… These eBay projectors take an H3 bulb. Are you using an H3 HID set up in them or did you modify further? In past experiences H3 bulbs and the like kind of sucked for me, I hate the way they ground them with the phillips screw.

Lookling at them closer I think I could deal with the silly LED “nut” looking thing on each side if at least everything but the LED was blacked out…. To bad they don't take a 9006 :( That I already have...

$(KGrHqV,!jUFE13ZIwYCBSdZrGL7,Q~~60_3.jpg

Just FYI.. I LOVE jacking around with lights... actually kind a freak about it. This is my 70 Chevelle with 1988 BMW 3 series projectors in it and 5000K HIDS

Pic is driver HID, pass not...

new625_zpsc008558f.jpg

YouTube VID
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P72vY7Napgk

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you dig through ebay deep enough, you will find a seller that has multiple adapter plates for the projectors.
You can choose from a handful of bulb base types to use in those housings.

I run 9005/6 in all my forward HID lights.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In past experiences H3 bulbs and the like kind of sucked for me, I hate the way they ground them with the phillips screw.

The H1 HID bulbs I use have separate wire leads directly from the bulb, it appears the H3 do as well. However the H1/H3 halogen bulbs ground as you mention through the mounting point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmstar