Replaced shocks and air compressor on Z55 Denali…………. And now more codes…….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparkyz07Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I replaced my air compressor and both rear shocks. Slightly compressed axle and turned key on to allow shocks to fill up.

When that happened. Service stabilitrak and service traction control message showed on D.I.C.

Put tires on, let it down on the ground. Now I have same messages. And an ABS light. What did I do wrong??

Previously only had service suspension message on start up.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the electrical connectors on top of the frame (1 on each side) directly vertically above the axle. I'd estimate that about 20% of us inadvertently disconnect one of those 2 connectors, when trying to insert the top bolt on the shocks. My Tech 2 led me right to that connector, when it happened to me.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the electrical connectors on top of the frame (1 on each side) directly vertically above the axle. I'd estimate that about 20% of us inadvertently disconnect one of those 2 connectors, when trying to insert the top bolt on the shocks. My Tech 2 led me right to that connector, when it happened to me.
+1

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew about that connector and thought I was careful and STILL knocked it loose. I think it just automatically disengages when you get within 12" of it with a socket for the shock bolt. It's the fainting goat of these rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157