Replaced interior LEDs - dome lamps don't work manually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftednali

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2012 Yukon SLE, I replaced all of the interior bulbs with LED bulbs. I know LEDs are polarity specific and when I installed them they all worked.

Currently on approach when I unlock the truck and open the door they turn on and dim when the door is closed. They will not turn on when I hit the buttons individually. I've tried the dome override button and that works for when the door is open but still cant turn them on and off manually.

I checked fuse 5 and 17 for dome lamps/interior lamps and they are not blown. If i toggle the illumination/brightness switch this also turns them all on, but not manually.

Ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to assume they just are not compatible, if the dome light works properly with a standard bulb then you might have to try a different brand/style led bulb, I put led's in my 2012 they all work properly no problems, when I put led's in my 2003 they would work like you are describing above, open the door they would work, etc, try to push the dome light button then no go, I guess the voltage on dome function only was not enough to turn on the led, tried some different ones and they worked but were a bit dim compared to when you opened the door.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Are they canbus rated with the resistor built into the bulb itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic