1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replaced interior LEDs - dome lamps don't work manually

Discussion in 'Interior' started by liftednali, Oct 17, 2020.

1. liftednali

liftednali Member

Name:
    Yuriy
    Hey guys I have a 2012 Yukon SLE, I replaced all of the interior bulbs with LED bulbs. I know LEDs are polarity specific and when I installed them they all worked.

Currently on approach when I unlock the truck and open the door they turn on and dim when the door is closed. They will not turn on when I hit the buttons individually. I've tried the dome override button and that works for when the door is open but still cant turn them on and off manually.

I checked fuse 5 and 17 for dome lamps/interior lamps and they are not blown. If i toggle the illumination/brightness switch this also turns them all on, but not manually.

Ideas?

2. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    I would have to assume they just are not compatible, if the dome light works properly with a standard bulb then you might have to try a different brand/style led bulb, I put led's in my 2012 they all work properly no problems, when I put led's in my 2003 they would work like you are describing above, open the door they would work, etc, try to push the dome light button then no go, I guess the voltage on dome function only was not enough to turn on the led, tried some different ones and they worked but were a bit dim compared to when you opened the door.

3. petethepug

petethepug Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    Are they canbus rated with the resistor built into the bulb itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Geotrash

Geotrash Supporting Member

Name:
    Dave
    Doubeleive likes this.