Replaced fuel filter - won't start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this problem? Truck won't start after replacing the fuel filter, checked the fuel pump relay by swapping the horn relay and horn works fine.

Engine sounds like it makes a half a turn at the start and then the starter just cranks.

?

BOSS

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check fuel pump

Can leaving it open for a while cause a problem??

BOSS

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Opened the gas cap, turned the key to ON without starting 4 times to hear the fuel pump turn on and prime the fuel line....PAYDIRT!

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opened the gas cap, turned the key to ON without starting 4 times to hear the fuel pump turn on and prime the fuel line....PAYDIRT!

B

Ya I got it, had to turn the key to the on position 3-4 times without cranking it all the way to let the fuel line prime itself and get some fuel through the new filter. If you do this inside your garage, you can easily hear your fuel pump engage when the key hits the ON position. Thanks for the support my bretheren

Those "quick" release clips are nothing I would call "quick"...they're a pain in the ass. I ended up buying the GM fuel filter removal tool to get that **** out of the line...

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

While I was at it, I dynamat'd the underside of the body including above the tranny.... :D :D :D

Loved that nasty ass 8yr old dirt-grime-grease-gasoline MUCK hitting my face as I cleaned the underside of the body

BOSS

CodeB4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I got it, had to turn the key to the on position 3-4 times without cranking it all the way to let the fuel line prime itself and get some fuel through the new filter. If you do this inside your garage, you can easily hear your fuel pump engage when the key hits the ON position. Thanks for the support my bretheren

Those "quick" release clips are nothing I would call "quick"...they're a pain in the ass. I ended up buying the GM fuel filter removal tool to get that **** out of the line...

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

While I was at it, I dynamat'd the underside of the body including above the tranny.... :D :D :D

Loved that nasty ass 8yr old dirt-grime-grease-gasoline MUCK hitting my face as I cleaned the underside of the body

BOSS
you_re-doing-it-wrong.jpg

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea the universal quick connect tools dont work for SHIT!!! i had to buy a specific tool as well, and even still, took some "persuasion"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One