2004 Yukon Cranks Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harless

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon with almost 300,000 miles. I had a battery going out the last month needing frequent jumpstarts and I finally changed the battery. Now the engine cranks over but it won't start. The fuel pump was replaced about 2 years ago so don't think that's it. Wondering if something is wrong in ignition in relation to battery change?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though fuel pump is relatively new, I would still check for fuel pressure.

Also check for spark at multiple plugs.

Report back what you find...

OP
OP
H

harless

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Smelling gas every time I crank it, think it's no spark.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smelling gas every time I crank it, think it's no spark.
sounds like a leak, lines rot, connections fail. why you should check the pressure. you can check it at the shrader valve on the fuel rail. test gauges can be found at most parts store via the free rental deals.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a leak, lines rot, connections fail. why you should check the pressure. you can check it at the shrader valve on the fuel rail. test gauges can be found at most parts store via the free rental deals.
meh...on these truck's pretty unlikely. you might get a failed o-ring on the fuel rail but that likely wouldn't prevent it from starting.
op either way
3 things need to happen
fuel+spark+air
check in that order

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Especially the ground behind the engine on the passenger side. If you know enough, take a look at the ECU connections, in the engine bay. One or more wires there could be rusty/be rusted through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo