Repair or Replace Center Console Lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeTX

Reaction score
I had a local upholstery shop reskin mine and i looks brand new. They had the factory pleather in stock with the exact color. Done in a couple hours for $160.

Tedsbrother

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can use an electric staple gun if you really want to staple it, the 3m spray contact will hold just as well.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a local upholstery shop reskin mine and i looks brand new. They had the factory pleather in stock with the exact color. Done in a couple hours for $160.

That sounds about right for the labor, I suppose. However, I found a truly like-new lid for that price, thus my internal debate. lol

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a leather versus vinyl one I got off eBay for like 50 bucks . You really don't need an air compressor staple gun and good spring loaded 1 will do the Job with 1/4 staples from what I remember. I did it in less than 2 hours and we'll worth it.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After researching this quite a bit, it seems my options are:

A. Do nothing: free, but looks crap even though I'm the only one who sees or notices.
B. Re-skin with pleather: as little as $25 or so.
C. Re-skin with leather: could be around $85.
D. Replace the entire lid assembly with a pre-owned unit: $150.

I'll have to decide if the genuine leather is worth 3+ times the cost of factory-like pleather.

By the way, is it just me, or are most of the listings on Ebay NEW items rather than used?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
After researching this quite a bit, it seems my options are:

A. Do nothing: free, but looks crap even though I'm the only one who sees or notices.
B. Re-skin with pleather: as little as $25 or so.
C. Re-skin with leather: could be around $85.
D. Replace the entire lid assembly with a pre-owned unit: $150.

I'll have to decide if the genuine leather is worth 3+ times the cost of factory-like pleather.

By the way, is it just me, or are most of the listings on Ebay NEW items rather than used?
No, it's not just you!

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's not just you!

LOL. I guess more & more people are unloading used items on social media and forums like this one.

I used to sell items on ebay but pretty much stopped after PayPal held my money for 30 days for no reason, even though I had a perfect rating for over 10 years. Screw that.
Rant over. ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r