Repaint due to scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there

This is my first time posting.

I have a 2012 Yukon denali which was bought in January 2013 (left over). I have some scratches on the bumper (by children around the area I live) and yesterday got a scratch (paint gone from a small area) on the right rear door. My question is do I get them repainted or should I leave them alone (I have been told that by repainting the value will go down).

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd try a touch up place before I completely repainted it.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there

This is my first time posting.

I have a 2012 Yukon denali which was bought in January 2013 (left over). I have some scratches on the bumper (by children around the area I live) and yesterday got a scratch (paint gone from a small area) on the right rear door. My question is do I get them repainted or should I leave them alone (I have been told that by repainting the value will go down).

If it were me.....I'd find one of those paintless dent guys and have him touch up the whole truck. They match up the paint very well and touch it up using an airbrush.

OP
OP
A

asad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that the job would be fully covered under insurance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that the job would be fully covered under insurance.

Meh, my answer is still the same. I would try not to repaint if you can get a company to touch it up.

OP
OP
A

asad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member