RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ok, hope you don’t mind Chase, but I consider you the detail expert here.. when I’m detailing my Yukon, I’ve been using Chemical Guys VRT on the trim around the rear glass as well, but I’m not sure it’s the best product for that. Do you have any other suggestions? ed5cc3f8f434910e72ac997370d1df12.jpg88ee0062ca51576330e6dabddd118c14.jpg
That trim is more of a painted plastic than a rubber or raw plastic. I use polish and wax on that small trim and it turns from a grey to a high gloss black that nearly matched the blackness off the windows. Do the same process for the strips at the bottom of the door windows.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you guys all know by now how much of an outspoken chemical guys but I am! Their products just rock. And their new hydroslick ceramic coating is pretty awesome. Used it on a couple clients cars last week. Well this afternoon I ended up not having to work, and decided well Shit I may as well clay and ceramic coat my Denali! It came out pretty awesome! My only complaint is that it has to be applied by hand with an applicator pad. And that annoys the heck out of me! Haha. I hate waxing and dealing by hand! I have machines for that! Haha. But other than that the product and the results are amazing!! Check out this quick nerdy video I made when I finished up!

5278B837-2DC3-4E44-8D96-73AA3FA47391.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you guys all know by now how much of an outspoken chemical guys but I am! Their products just rock. And their new hydroslick ceramic coating is pretty awesome. Used it on a couple clients cars last week. Well this afternoon I ended up not having to work, and decided well Shit I may as well clay and ceramic coat my Denali! It came out pretty awesome! My only complaint is that it has to be applied by hand with an applicator pad. And that annoys the heck out of me! Haha. I hate waxing and dealing by hand! I have machines for that! Haha. But other than that the product and the results are amazing!! Check out this quick nerdy video I made when I finished up!

View attachment 232308
I have it on both my trucks now. I didn’t do any cool videos though! It does seem to work good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia