Removing single din kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend just bought a 2002 fart f150 and it came with a single din pioneer n1. Which he is selling to me, but we can't figure out how to remove it. Anyone know if there are special tools to remove the stereo kit.
I've youtubed how they are installed and its a clip on. Not sure where they sell a tool or are we stuck just using a screw driver?
Hate to ask a question for these things they call trucks, but its for the benefit of my Yukon lol please help!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fords use special "keys" to remove the radios. You can take two pieces of stiff wire ( like a coat hanger) and bend them into a U shape. Then insert them into the two holes on each side of the radio to release the clips that hold it in the dash.

OP
OP
yukonaetahoe

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one isn't the original radio. This has an aftermarket stereo so it already has the adapter kit gor single din. I guess we are just going to use a screw driver and hope it pops out without damaging anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork