Remote Start ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miquel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought this unit from eBay- 2007-2014 Chevy Tahoe Plug & Play Remote Start System DIY EASY Chevrolet GM10
Have had it on my Tahoe for six months now, works great!

cj6913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The part you are looking for is Discounted. Have done massive amount of research on this.
Main thing you need is the part number listed and RPO code AP8 (Remote Start Prep Package) funny thing is the car has all the needed part for the auto start to work but it is turned off at the BCM. You can see if you have the code by looking in the glove box or have someone run your vin (PM me)
There is 2 part numbers 22951516 - is the correct one for most to all SSV and PPV. 22970856/19154445 is the wrong one UNLESS you have the power lift gate (was told by couple tech it will not work without the lift gate option on the car from the factory)
The OE part will cost between 190 - 250 dollars for the part not including Shipping/tax. Here is what you get 2 remotes and 2 pieces of paper (see photo) on the paper is a Code (Removed mine). You take all the items to your local dealer they will take the code from the paper call GM they give them another code and punch it in to there GM scan tool and like a light switch you have auto start.

Now for the bad news the part is Discounted. Here is the solution there is 2 ways to go:
1. Ebay/online here is what is bad about this unless the item you bought it still sealed you have no idea if the code was used.
2. Little more tricky you can go to your local dealer and have them A. Try and find the part and ship the part to there location from another dealer (at a up-cost). B. Or if your friends with the local parts counter man or your Service Writer you can ask them to print or write down the dealers and phone numbers where the part is in stock. Word of advice make sure you it is the correct part number easy mix up for some parts counterman.

At the end of all this you have the RPO code you found the part and paid for it and went to your local dealer you still get charged for them "Install" said part usually cost between .25 to 1.0 hours. Hope this helped it was a fun spending 3 month journey figuring all this out. PM me if you have any questions. Soon will make a thread on all the work I put in to my 2013 SSV

View attachment 275193 View attachment 275194 View attachment 275195
Soooooo, even if I have the RPO code and OE fobs, I still gotta buy additional parts and have the dealership do their thing?

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooooo, even if I have the RPO code and OE fobs, I still gotta buy additional parts and have the dealership do their thing?
If you want to go the OE auto start option the main thing you will need is the piece of paper with the code on it (attached photo)
Check your glove box for a added sticker that states it has been installed some dealer installed it some did not, or check your DIC for auto start.
Main thing If you have the auto start remotes. Hit the lock and start and the lights flash the car and it dose not start, then you will need the part number listed.
Pm me your Vin number I can look up the Rpo codes.

Attachments

• received_205534161175715.jpeg
    received_205534161175715.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 14

kevlac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. To those who bought one of these plug & play kits, did you use the optional wire that goes to the parking lights?

I just ordered one of these kits and the directions talk about optionally tapping into a light blue wire that goes to the headlight switch if I would like to have the parking lights on after remotely starting the vehicle.

Will this work on a PPV? I am under the impression that PPVs have the parking lights disabled as part of the "stealth mode."

P71toZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these kits and the directions talk about optionally tapping into a light blue wire that goes to the headlight switch if I would like to have the parking lights on after remotely starting the vehicle.

Will this work on a PPV? I am under the impression that PPVs have the parking lights disabled as part of the "stealth mode."

It will work. To verify, turn the exterior lamp control knob to the "parking lamps" position. If the lights come on, then tapping into the light blue wire will also make them come on.

The "surveillance mode" calibration only disables automatic lighting when a wire from the BCM is grounded (typically via a switch) by the customer/upfitter.

kevlac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will work. To verify, turn the exterior lamp control knob to the "parking lamps" position. If the lights come on, then tapping into the light blue wire will also make them come on.

The "surveillance mode" calibration only disables automatic lighting when a wire from the BCM is grounded (typically via a switch) by the customer/upfitter.
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26