Remote Start ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been kicking around the idea of doing the OE install by the stealership for remote start...I stubmled across a youtube video showing the install of an aftermarket system. I have exchanged a few emails with the vendor asking about my particular setup (pre-wire versus existing) for remote start. They report that their stuff plug and plays with my pre-wire....

Anyone have any experience with them or thoughts????
https://www.12volt.solutions/collec...te-start-kit-key-start?variant=31981359661159

Thanks!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was already OEM remote start prepped (RPO AP8)

I bought the kit (2 OEM remotes and the code for the dealer to enable/activate). The dealer charged me 1 hr labor to install and program the remotes.

I know there are other options, but I did not want to install more wiring and shit

OP
OP
Fubar0715

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I bought the kit (2 OEM remotes and the code for the dealer to enable/activate). The dealer charged me 1 hr labor to install and program the remotes.

I know there are other options, but I did not want to install more wiring and shit
Do you remember what the cost was?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you remember what the cost was?

I searched the internet for awhile before I found it, it was right around $200 shipped.

I think I have the part number someplace in my build thread.

OP
OP
Fubar0715

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will take a look at the build thread....maybe I can come up with the part number....I would rather have OE but if the cost is way pricey then it doesnt make sense to go that route. Thanks Jeremy!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kit are you referring to?

which kit was that? If you bought the programming code/time then why did the stealership charge even more?

OP
OP
Fubar0715

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be drinking the **** juice today-cannot find your build thread......Any chance you can provide a map and flashlight????

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kit are you referring to?

which kit was that? If you bought the programming code/time then why did the stealership charge even more?

Its has to dealing with flashing the BCM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne