Remote start and preset settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok lucky to have remote start on this truck. It definitely a plus no matter the season.

A few things 1st. My truck doesn’t have auto climate control, 2 zone front yes 2 roller knobs for one for driver and one for passenger, rear heating/cooling system yes.

Since I got this truck and I remote start it, the rear system turns on, front does not. So the rear glass and back of the truck will heat/cool.

So this morning frost here in Pensultucky land. I set the front controls to the windshield and all heat. I remote start, ONLY the rear system started and defrosted the back window but NOT the windshield or mirrors.

The glove box book doesn’t say how to reprogram your setting to what you would like it to do.

Any suggestions, as always the smart **** and the intelligent ones go hand in hand.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm maybe you're hvac system is blocked. That's my only guess. I know from mine the automatic climate controls doesn't always like to know when your windshields cold sooo.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok lucky to have remote start on this truck. It definitely a plus no matter the season.

A few things 1st. My truck doesn’t have auto climate control, 2 zone front yes 2 roller knobs for one for driver and one for passenger, rear heating/cooling system yes.

Since I got this truck and I remote start it, the rear system turns on, front does not. So the rear glass and back of the truck will heat/cool.

So this morning frost here in Pensultucky land. I set the front controls to the windshield and all heat. I remote start, ONLY the rear system started and defrosted the back window but NOT the windshield or mirrors.

The glove box book doesn’t say how to reprogram your setting to what you would like it to do.

Any suggestions, as always the smart **** and the intelligent ones go hand in hand.
If the vehicle has an automatic
climate control system, the climate control system will default to a heating or cooling mode
depending on the outside temperatures. If the vehicle does not have an automatic climate control
system, the system will turn on at the setting the vehicle was set to when the vehicle was
last turned off.

It should work according to the owner's manual. Might want to check for internal BCM codes.

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the vehicle has an automatic
climate control system, the climate control system will default to a heating or cooling mode
depending on the outside temperatures. If the vehicle does not have an automatic climate control
system, the system will turn on at the setting the vehicle was set to when the vehicle was
last turned off.

It should work according to the owner's manual. Might want to check for internal BCM codes.
I can confirm this is correct. I have a 2011 without auto feature. Operates as swathdiver described.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the manual system works at wherever you left it last
the auto system does the same, except if it is colder or warmer outside, if you left it on 60 and it's 40 outside it will only heat up to 60, same if you left it at 78 and it's 100 outside it will only cool to 78.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has the manual climate control, it’s a flipping retired police vehicle! LOL

I set the manual controls to hot, full red, and to defrost the windshield. It did work better than it used to. I think I’ll also need to check the HVAC as the fan speed seems to be a little lacking in that department. I did replace the setup that goes in the heater box under the glovebox.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@5strmtrp There are probably hundreds of little sensors that may or may NOT be working properly causing what you are seeing. If only there was a way to like scan and see if these sensors are working correctly, like a check engine light for electronics or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn