Remote Lock, unlock, start issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have an issue with my remote start, unlock, lock etc. and hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

Essentially, the system/'sensor' only works for about 1-5 minutes after physically/manually unlocking the door or opening/closing it. Once I open a door I can press a button on the FOB and the corresponding action executes. However if I walk away from the truck for more than about 5 minutes... it is as if a sensor in the vehicle doesn't pick up the remote/fob or enters a sleep mode.

My vehicle is a 2007 LTZ. The fobs are new and function properly within 5 minutes of opening a door. Looking to take the truck in this week but would like to know what I can expect.

** Side note. I tried searching for it on the forum but have never had much luck with the search function. I'm apparently screwing something up.

Thanks in advance!

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's working normally. SOP is hit the lock button on the FOB once or twice and then the remote start button. I think the idea is so you won't accidentally start the thing when you didn't mean to, like when shopping or hanging out at a friend's house and something else in your pocket presses the remote start.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's working normally. SOP is hit the lock button on the FOB once or twice and then the remote start button. I think the idea is so you won't accidentally start the thing when you didn't mean to, like when shopping or hanging out at a friend's house and something else in your pocket presses the remote start.

I'm not sure this is it. It sounds like the normal lock/unlock buttons aren't working for him more than 5 minutes after opening a door...which would basically render the unlock button useless. Is that the case?

OP
OP
Abn Panzer

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mattjones, the remotes are fine... After trying different search criteria for the problem it looks as though the issue is not that uncommon and the RCDLR ( remote control door lock receiver) going into sleep mode. Only posts I could find on it were back in 2006/7 and a fix at the time did not truly exist in any other manner than pulling the DSM fuse and resetting it. I just found the post this morning and am 3 hours into things after the reset and it seems OK. Was going to give it another day before posting that I found a solution. Will have to see if an official update/TSB ever came of it.

oreowizard98

Reaction score
Mattjones, the remotes are fine... After trying different search criteria for the problem it looks as though the issue is not that uncommon and the RCDLR ( remote control door lock receiver) going into sleep mode. Only posts I could find on it were back in 2006/7 and a fix at the time did not truly exist in any other manner than pulling the DSM fuse and resetting it. I just found the post this morning and am 3 hours into things after the reset and it seems OK. Was going to give it another day before posting that I found a solution. Will have to see if an official update/TSB ever came of it.

I had to replace my receiver too. How do I program the new one to my Tahoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76