Relocate climate control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
got a problem with me Hakss?? lol.. JP!

here ya go guy..

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

[/COLOR]i have 7 more, but you get the idea..

OP
OP
C

chunney

Reaction score
got a problem with me Hakss?? lol.. JP!

here ya go guy..

Thanks for the pics but it either looks like they did relocate the CC or they have a completely different dash in all of those pics. My dash looks exactly like this:

ru9v94.jpg

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
all those dashes are the same exact one besides the top most one.. the other ones have airbags in the passenger side but do not affect antyhing at all..

Where the hell do you want to put it then? glove box? what a pain for a DD.. above the windshield would be sick..

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
All those dashes are the same as yours. They did, like you want to do, relocate the AC controls to the CD player spot. You would be looking at doing something like pictures: 4..5..6

I have seen someone put the AC controls in the in the cigarette lighter fold down thing. That would be a hassle though.

OP
OP
C

chunney

Reaction score
Seen it relocated, guy was installing a 8" touch screen. I would link you to it but you got some serious attitude problems......

LMAO
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabrication/68853-started-my-95-tahoe-dash-w-8-touchscreen.html

It is kind of worthless without pictures, I would try searching on google or on that forum, I know a couple of other guys have also done the same thing. Just make sure you post up pictures if you do end up doing this.

I WILL end up doing this eventually all I have to figure out is which route I want to go. I like the extended console idea that connects to the dash but the 4X4 control would be a pain. I'll probably stick to my original idea. Move the CC down towards where the factory disc drive is now and fit the touchscreen in the area above that. I have a few routes I've thought about going. I have an acer aspire laptop with a broken screen that would be easy to use, but i've also pondered the idea of using a mac mini or the new dell studio mini desktop. This is second on my list of projects though. Doing car audio for SQ in my hoe and that's going to soak up a lot of my funds for a while so this is on the back burner but not totally put off. Thanks for all your help.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, you have the floor shifter so doing the extended console would be a *****, I am sure you can work around it though if you have the skills to do so. You can store the computer in the console and relocate the AC controls like in the second pic. Then you would have all that room in the dash for a nice touch screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo