Relocate climate control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chunney

Reaction score
I have a 1995 tahoe LT. 4 door 4wd. I'm planing on doing a car PC with a 7" in dash touch screen but the climate control gets in my way. Is the CC fully digital? Can I just lengthen the wires and move it wherever or is it the mechanical type? I plan on keeping it in the dash just moving it down maybe where the cd player is now.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
its electrical. but why do you have to move it? you can fit a 7" screen in there.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
sorry but no you cant. its only a din and a half

seen it done, and done it in other cars. its less work than moving the climate controls. just trimming the bezel and making custom brackets. theres even a write up on GMFS iirc.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
deff can be done. seen it a million and one times.. i have pics on my computer. but itll cost ya..

Itll cost taking that damn attitude off our forum. dont come on here if your going to talk that way to the fellow membs

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deff can be done. seen it a million and one times.. i have pics on my computer. but itll cost ya..

Itll cost taking that damn attitude off our forum. dont come on here if your going to talk that way to the fellow membs

x2.

its a pretty common mod on the OBS's

OP
OP
C

chunney

Reaction score

I don't have any attitude so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about? The 7" LCD I have has buttons towards the bottom and a large control board. I've sized it up way before starting the thread and there's no possible way it will fit without moving the climate control. I'm wanting to keep the control board in the same bezel as the monitor and offset it towards the back so moving the control board isn't an option. I'm sure that some 7" touchscreens will fit but the no name off brand I have will not. Maybe I'll just save for a xenarc or liliput.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
you can move em if you want, its just extending wires, but its like 40 wires iirc. not really worth it. id just buy a true 7" touch screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz