Reliability? Is it as bad as it sounds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dochmurdoch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought a 2015 suburban lt last May and have put 7000 miles on ours with no problems. We live in idaho and have been using 4 wheel drive quite a bit. We have updated though. My wife loves her suburban, it drives smooth, quite, and comfy. We did buy a 7yr/70000mile warranty so we really don't have to worry about any issues, we paid 1200 for it. If you're worried about reliability buy the warranty. Looks wise the chevy is way better than the toyota. That being said I drive a 2015 tundra trd limited. I love it. As far as reliability I have no issues or worries. It will last me forever. I plan on keeping the truck forever. Now I also know that even toyota has their issues so I also bought a 7/75000 warranty for my pickup, (I have that golden touch, that what ever I touch breaks mentality, and it's usually true, don't let me touch your new car). You can't go wrong with either one. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

thbrewst

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the continued updates everyone. Sounds like these issues are definitely not hitting 'everyone'.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did briefly consider the XL since the cost is not that much more, but that thing is just too big for everyday driving. We only have 2 kids so the extra room is for toting their friends around or for our 'stuff' when we go on trips. My extended family has a beach condo we visit all the time and I honestly doubt we could get the XL into the parking spots in the garage (its a chore even in our minivan).

I'm kind of with you on the hit and miss of cars, but how likely is it that I get one of the 'bad ones'? Seems there are at least a few folks on here that have had issues that seem to boarder on lemon status. If I am buying a economy car that is one thing; but dumping 60k+ into one of these I will not be very understanding of major issues.

I completely agree with you on the XL's size. I have a regular Yukon myself (originally was going to get an XL) and parking in my campus's parking spots feels like I'm driving an H1 Hummer. Now I'm glad I didn't go with the XL. I can't even imagine that long of a vehicle in these tiny ass spots. Nothing against the XL though.

Well the way I see it, if someone was very frustrated about one thing then you would definitely hear about it. But if someone is very happy with that same thing you probably wouldn't hear about it most likely. Just because everything is normal and there's no need to make too big of a deal about it. If that makes sense.

claytonM80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just traded my wife out of a Rover into a new Yukon. I didn't buy a Denali, but she absolutely loves it and we've have had no issues mechanically. I noticed a little moisture in one of the taillights after a huge rain the other day, but I'll let them look at it when it's in for it's first free oil change!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck