6.2L or Duramax reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh my god, where do you get this nonsense? What is 4500 rpm on a gasoline engine? Here is a photo of towing the Yukon 1500-1600 rpm, it pulls the boat perfectly. You will get 25 miles per gallon with a trailer only if you drive 40-45 miles per hour on a flat track. Please don't fantasize
On flat ground sure. When you need power it's reving up. Im getting max torque at 1500 rpm. Not the case with a gas engine. Even high displacement ones still need to rev high to make power to move. No comparison.

Chart for gas: max torque 4250 rpm https://www.automobile-catalog.com/curve/2021/2970635/chevrolet_tahoe_6_2l_v8_4wd.html#gsc.tab=0

Chart for diesel: max torque 1500rpm https://www.dieselhub.com/duramax/3.0-duramax-lm2.html

Last edited:

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On flat ground sure. When you need power it's reving up. Im getting max torque at 1500 rpm. Not the case with a gas engine. Even high displacement ones still need to rev high to make power to move.

Chart for gas: max torque 4250 rpm https://www.automobile-catalog.com/curve/2021/2970635/chevrolet_tahoe_6_2l_v8_4wd.html#gsc.tab=0

Chart for diesel: max torque 1500rpm https://www.dieselhub.com/duramax/3.0-duramax-lm2.html
Aaaa... Again, some kind of nonsense ... Do you really drive??? Who presses the gas pedal completely when towing a trailer???? When towing a trailer, acceleration is always as soft and calm as possible. No kick down. And the 6.2 provides acceleration with a trailer without going beyond 2000-2500 rpm without any problems

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaaa... Again, some kind of nonsense ... Do you really drive??? Who presses the gas pedal completely when towing a trailer???? When towing a trailer, acceleration is always as soft and calm as possible. No kick down. And the 6.2 provides acceleration with a trailer without going beyond 2000-2500 rpm without any problems
appreciate the discussion. You missed the point. I get all my juice at 1500 rpm. The v8 in your vehicle doesn't until 4500 rpm..if you need all the juice you need to rev to get it. That's it. You made your choice. It works for you but for many of us it doesn't.

There's things the 6.2 does well. It has more power. It's quicker.

There's things the lm2 does well. Better mpg. More torque lower in rpm. Tows better etc.

Just how it is.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
appreciate the discussion. You missed the point. I get all my juice at 1500 rpm. The v8 in your vehicle doesn't until 4500 rpm..if you need all the juice you need to rev to get it. That's it. You made your choice. It works for you but for many of us it doesn't.

There's things the 6.2 does well. It has more power. It's quicker.

There's things the lm2 does well. Better mpg. More torque lower in rpm. Tows better etc.

Just how it is.
Again, blah blah blah ... Why do you need all the power of the engine?) to tear the trailer apart?))) You lose the thread of the conversation, you are constantly trying to take it aside. About miles per gallon, I showed you clearly that I can easily get the same figures at 6,2 ..you have only words and words all the time .. No photos or evidence)))

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, blah blah blah ... Why do you need all the power of the engine?) to tear the trailer apart?))) You lose the thread of the conversation, you are constantly trying to take it aside. About miles per gallon, I showed you clearly that I can easily get the same figures at 6,2 ..you have only words and words all the time .. No photos or evidence)))
Lol.

dc968

Reaction score
Well, as it were, the 3-liter diesel format is not new to the world)) This form factor has long been known on Volkswagen Group, BMW, Mercedes, Land Pover cars. He stands in a lot of places, he walks great, or rather walked, until they began to fasten DEF systems to him, like in the USA or AdBlue, like in Europe. And since then, problems have begun with these motors .... Mercedes 350d goes up to 100 thousand km without serious problems, BMW has the same story. I sincerely do not understand why diesel engines were transferred to passenger cars for private use. Their fate is a commercial vehicle, not a city car for mommy. It is heavier, it is more expensive, it requires care, it is more expensive to maintain, and the constant race to reduce emissions makes diesel uneconomical in principle.
I have a 2014 A6 TDI w/over 100k miles and it runs like a train w/no issues on the emissions side in 10 years. As for why diesels were transferred to passenger cars, you can thank government functionaries who decided to impose onerous taxes on gasoline engines based on displacement.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 A6 TDI w/over 100k miles and it runs like a train w/no issues on the emissions side in 10 years. As for why diesels were transferred to passenger cars, you can thank government functionaries who decided to impose onerous taxes on gasoline engines based on displacement.
My father had a 2012 Audi A6 3.0tfsi. This gun pulled over the entire range from 0 to 240 km / h)))
In the United States, gasoline engines have been taxed?

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Let me bring it back with some more fun.

I just got a 6.2, and the dealer said I don't need premium, but everything I have read and seen says I need to use 93 gas if possible. We have it all over here so I would.

To be honest I am going to do it no matter what as I don't like using lower grade fuels regardless. But why would the dealer tell me no and don't worry about it?

I like them, trust them and they were a low pressure easy sale. So I was confused when he told me I didn't need to do it, or even really suggest I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts