Reinforced Dash Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on a repair. When I was much younger I worked at a dashboard store and learned some tricks on repairing and matching the surface of the original. Mine is cracked above passenger airbag. If I have any usable luck and the whole thing doesn’t break apart I’ll report back.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I need to do mine. The little speaker has fallen some place in the dash. Are these easy to remove?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I need to do mine. The little speaker has fallen some place in the dash. Are these easy to remove?

I'd rather go to the dentist.
Not so easy but not that bad either. Depends on how you look at it but I will say it's easier the second time you do it lol. It's a lot of stuff to take apart.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, those covers would always look just like what they are- covers. They're raised around all the openings like the airbag and vents and there's a lip where they meet up with the other parts. I'd like to see one in person though. It's definitely a much less expensive option but for me they would bother me almost as much as the cracks. I've never been able to just cover shit up unfortunately. I haven't even seen anyone on here try one but I'd like to see someone do it for sure.
Shit how much IS a new dash? not the cover.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a PIA and way too expensive to fix this though...just finished mine the other day on my CC. Anybody that's interested in my trials and tribulations with my dash, there's about 10 pages devoted to it in my CC build thread here:http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...ilverado-build-aka-the-machine.100281/page-74. I first pulled it and attempted the repair with a plastic hot-melt staple gun and steel/ epoxy reinforcements but the plastic was so brittle that as soon as I put it back in, it broke again. Plus it never looked that great after the repair. Now it's done right.

View attachment 200819 View attachment 200820
Holly Crap!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shit how much IS a new dash? not the cover.
Well, that depends on if the big flat part with the vents that goes between the dash and the windshield breaks when you remove it like mine did. That stupid piece was $275 shipped. I got the dash itself shipped for $402. The dash is huge (the box was 70 x 17 x 32) and some places wanted a fortune to ship it; my dealer wanted $550.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I conversed with GMPartsKing on ebay and this is there reply regarding PN# 23224747 for the ebony color:

"So I called GM and they said the only design change was a material change in 2014. They changed manufacturers and that is when the material change took place. I was told that there was no noted design change that took place. This is however the newest and latest part number for this vehicle.

Thanks again!"

This makes sense to me, a more pliable, less brittle material using the same mold should be fine if they got it right.

To protect mine, as I've done with all my cars since the 1980s, I use Dash Mats. Florida's sun is brutal on cars and it's cheap insurance. I remember now that Dash Mat had a backlog so I ordered one from RZ's Custom Covers and the fit and finish and quality are top notch. $38 delivered.

bobbyb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking at picking up an 08 Denali and has the cracked dash. On gm parts direct 07-11 calls for part #19331331 and 12-14 calls for #23224742 would that be the updated version or did they make changes where it won’t fit the 08? Thank you.