Reinforced Dash Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Feel free to move if in wrong thread.

I have searched other threads and cannot find the picture or source of replacement dash for 2008 Tahoe. The picture showed the dash upside down and you could see were it was reinforced we’re they all crack. It was not a homemade reinforcement it looked to be factory molded into dash. I’m planning on opening the wallet to replace dash because I’m tired of looking at it and would appreciate if anyone can direct me to the picture or sources were one can buy the updated reinforced dash.

Mrsteef

Reaction score
In for replacement info! Mine is cracked in the usual spots

OP
OP
B

Brian750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Feel free to move if in wrong thread.

I have searched other threads and cannot find the picture or source of replacement dash for 2008 Tahoe. The picture showed the dash upside down and you could see were it was reinforced we’re they all crack. It was not a homemade reinforcement it looked to be factory molded into dash. I’m planning on opening the wallet to replace dash because I’m tired of looking at it and would appreciate if anyone can direct me to the picture or sources were one can buy the updated reinforced dash.

Finally found it on Chevroletforum.com but no source were to get was mentioned!
BF56A77D-BC34-473A-A3A8-A5C606C1D65A.png

OP
OP
B

Brian750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally found it on Chevroletforum.com but no source were to get was mentioned!
View attachment 200801

I have searched other threads and cannot find the picture or source of replacement dash for 2008 Tahoe. The picture showed the dash upside down and you could see were it was reinforced we’re they all crack. It was not a homemade reinforcement it looked to be factory molded into dash. I’m planning on opening the wallet to replace dash because I’m tired of looking at it and would appreciate if anyone can direct me to the picture or sources were one can buy the updated reinforced dash.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
B

Brian750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was also wondering if Tahoe’s years 2010-2014 or when they changed body styles are all the same and would work in earlier year Tahoe’s. And if so wonder if 2010-2014 dashes were made with the reinforcements. I’ve not found any info were people had problems of cracking dashes in those year Tahoe’s.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was also wondering if Tahoe’s years 2010-2014 or when they changed body styles are all the same and would work in earlier year Tahoe’s. And if so wonder if 2010-2014 dashes were made with the reinforcements. I’ve not found any info were people had problems of cracking dashes in those year Tahoe’s.
my 2012 is cracked by the center speaker, it probably cracked from the weight of the speaker

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine on my 08 Silverado and even though it's reinforced like those I still added some steel and epoxy. Also keep in mind you will probably break the flat piece that goes between the dash and windshield. Mine was $275 for that piece alone, plus $400 for the dash. The parts I removed were brittle and cracked super easy just by barely moving them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk