Recommended mods without ruining MPG or making it too loud?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got a 2013 PPV and was wondering what would be some nice mods to gain a few HP without making her too loud or ruining the MPG. I still run calls in it so I'd rather not be waking up the neighbor in the middle of the night going to a call and I go to school in Florida so I have around a 900 mile roadtrip when I go back home to NJ so I'd like to not lose out on too much gas mileage. I was looking at the SLP resonator delete (mostly just because it'll look nicer) and possibly a different intake tube. Anything else?
Thanks in advance!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much hp gain there, i have a 13 lt with the same. For now i also have a diablo intune and turned off afm and loaded a canned tune. My mpg hasn’t changed at all since new.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have a muffler like this...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122053356385

It sounds great, AKA not too loud, while cruising but has a nice growl under hard acceleration.

It is much smaller and lighter than the big hea y muffler from the factory.

I left my resonator in place because I was worried about drone at highway speed. I agree it looks better removed but I lowered the truck so you can't see it instead... lol

I have an Airaid MIT and a K&N style filter in the factory box.

I also have a Diablo sport I2 tuner and started off, like Pete, with the canned tunes and AFM turned off.

I recently got a custom 89 octane tune from Lew at Diablew and it is much better than the canned tunes. Still have AFM turned off.

My MPG around town is consistently 15+ MPG and on trips with cruise control set at 73mph I average 17.5 MPG. Keep in mind that is in a 2008 Suburban with 200k+ miles on the 5.3L and 4 speed transmission with a 3:73 rearend... not exactly a fuel saving gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts