Rebuild tranny options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Rush

Reaction score
Hello All,
My 04 Yukon Denali ha 151k mile on it and I think I am starting to notice the transmission slipping from 2nd to 3rd.
If I go to get it rebuilt soon, what upgrades would you do?
Should I just get it rebuilt or buy a already built one...
I am thinking shift kit... But which one?
Corvette servos...

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trans-Go HD2 kit, "Vette" servo, Z-pack or other higher performance 3/4 clutch pack, Beast sunshell. Those are all very common mods. No hurt in being informed, however, I always question threads like this. Would you give your surgeon the tools you wanted him to use and explain the procedure to him? No, of course you wouldn't. Though I understand why we want these parts, I went to a reputable builder and told him what I expected from the trans and he gave me a price. I didn't know my build list until I was picking up the trans and looked on the receipt My advice, find a local builder that is recommend by people who mod their cars and trucks. Remember the 60 came in trucks, vettes, f-bodies, trailblazers etc. There are a bunch of resources out there for you to tap into. I was quoted about $1700 for a stock rebuild from a stock type rebuilding shop (I R+R, they just rebuild), or $1150 for a fully upgraded unit recommended from people who race every weekend. NO BRAINER! And she hasnt missed a beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QebpMH3HwVc&list=UUit-GjBLdVELa43G3_cw73w

OP
OP
No Rush

No Rush

Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you for the reply!
This is honestly the first time I have ever had transmission problems in any vehicle I have owned. I have had this truck for 6yrs.
I will look up this suggestions so that I can learn more.
If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz