2011 Yukon Denali trans rebuild cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to have the transmission tuned. It will increase the lock up clutch life and feel like a different vehicle to drive.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
My 09 Escalade Plat ESV AWD just ate its 6l80 on the highway at 70mph. It was making a war cry like the A/C belt was seized. Then it lost all traction in D. While coasting I slipped it from N to D and it caught in 3rd gear. I limp’d home for 7 mi and arrived at the Indi shop.

The next day it was out and paying $4.6k for an diesel Indi shop to rebuild it. A reman unit from GM had a $6.4k price tag. If there’s ever a problem I’m covered by the Indi shop and I have my original trans case. I don’t want to be stuck with a GM warranty that’s out of stock or has no availability until xx amount of months.

As the repair progresses, I’ll post up.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the new transmission is done at all is well after a couple hundred miles,
get it tuned (if not done already)
SO much better with the shift points and TCC lockup changed along with
TCC lockup slip modified.. You'll won't believe the difference . Plus you'll get
a ton of miles out of the "new" trans

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 09 Escalade Plat ESV AWD just ate its 6l80 on the highway at 70mph. It was making a war cry like the A/C belt was seized. Then it lost all traction in D. While coasting I slipped it from N to D and it caught in 3rd gear. I limp’d home for 7 mi and arrived at the Indi shop.

The next day it was out and paying $4.6k for an diesel Indi shop to rebuild it. A reman unit from GM had a $6.4k price tag. If there’s ever a problem I’m covered by the Indi shop and I have my original trans case. I don’t want to be stuck with a GM warranty that’s out of stock or has no availability until xx amount of months.

As the repair progresses, I’ll post up.
Sorry to hear that man. Please do share the autopsy results!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Lots of very fine metal shavings and definitely burnt trans fluid smell. I'll have to post some pics if the indy hasn't already assembled the slush box yet.

Reaction score
Lots of very fine metal shavings and definitely burnt trans fluid smell. I'll have to post some pics if the indy hasn't already assembled the slush box yet.
Ferrous metal or aluminum? Will the trans builder be brazing or reinforcing the welds on the 3-5-R drum? It likes to crack at the factory weld seams…Id also have installed a Sonnax 1-2-3-4 piston as the oe versions like to crack…

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I doubt he’d be brazing anything. I didn’t get the specs on the components he was using. The conversation kinda went sideways when we start talking about the CTS-V he built and recently tracked with his kids shooting the video and well as his Grand National GNX. I had no idea he built them instead of buying them.