reboot Google infotainment system whilst driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawbet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sometimes the infotainment system would just hang., specially Google maps .
instead of parking and powering down the vehicle, is there a way to reboot it on the go?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a setting in System that allows a reboot/reset, but unclear if available while driving.

I would guess if Google Maps is hanging, it has to do w/ your data connection being not so solid, have you checked to make sure maps are downloaded?

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Android Auto wirelessly into my new Pioneer stereo. It hung once so far and completely disabled control of my cell phone so that I couldn't shut it down or turn off wifi and/or Bluetooth. That only left shutting down the radio but it was similarly locked. I think the only way around would be to preemptively add a power button to the stereo so you could kill it. I suppose you could carry a lead case and try closing the phone in it to break the connection.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any modern electronic device including cell phones and a million other things can be powered off/reset by holding the power button down for 10 seconds, even if they are frozen/locked up
this includes the factory radio, however there may be a 2 button combo that needs to be pressed instead of just "power" on the factory radio/nav
it is a industry standard

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any modern electronic device including cell phones and a million other things can be powered off/reset by holding the power button down for 10 seconds, even if they are frozen/locked up
this includes the factory radio, however there may be a 2 button combo that needs to be pressed instead of just "power" on the factory radio/nav
it is a industry standard
Yep. I didn't try holding anything on my stereo but my first inclination was to power down my phone -- a new Z Flip 4 -- but no matter how long I held the power button it was locked.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I didn't try holding anything on my stereo but my first inclination was to power down my phone -- a new Z Flip 4 -- but no matter how long I held the power button it was locked.
How do I force restart my flip 4?

If your device is frozen and you cannot reboot it with the steps above, you can force it to restart. To do that, hold down the Side key and the volume down button simultaneously until the device reboots.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Also if, like me, you've set your flip to respond to the usual power button you don't have to hold both buttons. Of course when the single button failed I tried both to no avail. The phone was as hard locked as it could be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts