Infotainment issues/questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firstGT

Reaction score
One of the issues I've seen is already covered and that's the issue of radio randomly resetting. But that led me to realize one of my other issues is possibly AA/Carplay related.

What was originally a question about why my AC turns down after about 15 seconds or so of starting the car, I now think is 15 seconds after AA/Carplay connect. If you have the air up anything over the lowest setting, the system will turn it down to the lowest setting. Typically it will cycle once or sometimes twice to low and back to the setting you had it and then it will revert to the low setting. once you turn it up again, it's fine. I think it's AA/Carplay related bc the last time the system did a reset while I was driving, once AA reconnected the system turned the air down to low. Anyone else have this issue? It did not do this last year during summer months but since then there has obviously been a handful of system updates. I don't recall when this first started other than some point this summer

second issue, although I'm sure it could be my own fault/doing, is why does the radio always default connect to AA/Carplay? I start the car which is my wife's and she is the only profile set up, and it will connect to her phone as CarPlay. I turn it off and turn on FM radio or Sirius and drive around. then when I turn car off at destination and back on, it will auto connect to my AA. Is there no way to leave it at the last radio setting? I've even manually switched to Sirius and been driving down the street as I'm leaving my house an it will revert back to her CarPlay again. it's like the system just is dead set on being connected to AA/CarPlay.
Part of this being a problem is sometimes she's on the phone for work and it keeps swapping over while she's talking. and the call transfers almost immediately to the car even while the screen and what not is still coming up so I can't get out of CarPlay in time

I don't have my own profile but I do have my own fob set which I've only set as my seat settings. do I need to create my own profile in the system?

Punteh

Reaction score
I have the same annoyance issue with AA auto connecting even if it wasn't the last radio source. I don't really enjoy getting in the vehicle myself and having the kids music that I play from my phone start playing when I want to continue listening to Sirius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo