Reasonably priced electric gear oil extractor pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpx2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a reasonably priced (<$100) electric gear oil pump/extractor. If there was a manual pump you'd suggest, I'd look at that too but I haven't found either.
TIA

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a reasonably priced (<$100) electric gear oil pump/extractor. If there was a manual pump you'd suggest, I'd look at that too but I haven't found either.
TIA

Can't tell you how much I love this thing. I have not used it on gear oil yet but sure it would do well. So far I used it for gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and coolant.

OP
OP
D

dpx2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks 89, I saw those but wasn't sure how well they would work on gear oil. Apprec the input.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks 89, I saw those but wasn't sure how well they would work on gear oil. Apprec the input.
Gear oil is typically drained out of a drain plug or removed cover. So i can't guarantee how well it would work. Especially if you can't get the suction tube in from a good angle to even reach it. Obviously you would want to use the larger suction tube for a thicker oil but it is much stiffer.

There is one review I found regarding diff/gear oil:

"My F150 doesn’t have drain plugs on the diff covers. So it’s this or pulling the covers for a diff fluid service. The only trick was getting the small suction hose fished down past the front ring gear on my truck. What a pain! This is one of those tools I needed an excuse to buy. Love it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh